2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby CavemanDoctor » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote: I would vote to keep it at 24 just because of awkward checking times at night with people having different schedules for going to sleep and waking up because of work, school, etc.

Agreed. No real need to cut it to 12 yet. CDoc & bokzg -- if you're having consistent problems with certain members making picks on time then just send them a PM so everyone is on the same page. ;-D

I feel your pain Shotcaller. It can be a drag when things slow down but they haven't been egregious in our league yet. You should be glad you're not in the keeper league I'm in. Been 14 days and we're still in Round 5. :-S

If it becomes a more pervasive issue, I'll send out a pm.
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010-2011 First Division H2H Draft Room

Postby TekOPP » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:36 pm

5.11 Jeff Green (SF-OKC)
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

Response Team
(Past Year: 30)

Postby Shotcaller » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:39 pm

CavemanDoctor wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote: I would vote to keep it at 24 just because of awkward checking times at night with people having different schedules for going to sleep and waking up because of work, school, etc.

Agreed. No real need to cut it to 12 yet. CDoc & bokzg -- if you're having consistent problems with certain members making picks on time then just send them a PM so everyone is on the same page. ;-D

I feel your pain Shotcaller. It can be a drag when things slow down but they haven't been egregious in our league yet. You should be glad you're not in the keeper league I'm in. Been 14 days and we're still in Round 5. :-S

Thanks. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Most of our managers have been top notch during this draft. ;-D This just reinforces why I hate message board drafts. :-X
"We're not out there reading books, we're out there playing basketball"
Shotcaller
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 32)

Postby big.d57 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:55 pm

Shotcaller wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:

Thanks. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Most of our managers have been top notch during this draft. ;-D This just reinforces why I hate message board drafts. :-X

Haha hope I have not been one of them taking a long time. though we are behind the other two drafts....let's pick up the pace :-b
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Re: 2010-2011 Champions League H2H Draft Room

Postby greyone » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

4.12 - Jason Richardson (GF - PHX)

5.01 - Stephan Jackson (GF - CHA)
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2010-2011 Champions League H2H Draft Room

Postby TheJordanRulz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:23 am

5.02 Kevin Garnett (PF - BOS)
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 87)

Postby greyone » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:27 am

Sorry about the lag. But Im taking my picks very seriously. Drafting at the turns gives me the luxury of 48 hour limit. Not that I intend to use such an insane amount of time. But Im giving each of my picks full consideration. The slowest drafter in this league is me. And I am not ashamed to own up to it. !+) Hopefully my future picks are much easier to make.
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby big.d57 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:52 am

greyone wrote:Sorry about the lag. But Im taking my picks very seriously. Drafting at the turns gives me the luxury of 48 hour limit. Not that I intend to use such an insane amount of time. But Im giving each of my picks full consideration. The slowest drafter in this league is me. And I am not ashamed to own up to it. !+) Hopefully my future picks are much easier to make.

It's all good ;-D
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:18 am

greyone wrote:Sorry about the lag. But Im taking my picks very seriously. Drafting at the turns gives me the luxury of 48 hour limit. Not that I intend to use such an insane amount of time. But Im giving each of my picks full consideration. The slowest drafter in this league is me. And I am not ashamed to own up to it. !+) Hopefully my future picks are much easier to make.

Not that I intended (nor did) use the full 3 minutes at the turn during our live football draft over the weekend, you did tell me to hurry up. ;-7 :-B
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)

Re: First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:54 am

Was thinking about drafting two bigs at 6.11 and 7.02 but changed my mind at the 7.02 since Gibert was one of the last 20+ ppg scorers left on the board. A healthy Oden would offset Gilbert's poor fg% so a lot rides on getting a healthy Oden. The health factor would be the only (but huge) factor in why this may be an early pick, but I couldn't pass getting a potential top 40 player. In the mock draft, I drafted both those guys but Oden 11 picks later at 7.10 and Arenas 13 picks later at 8.03.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 237)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon