Postby FOS » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:08 am

7.09 Luis Scola (PF,C - HOU)
FOS
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: First Division ROTO Draft Commentary

Postby geodbear » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:09 am

plonden wrote:I'm also surprised by the Griffen pick. I think he could have been had later in the draft.

That's what I was thinking, but to complete the thought: "could have been had later in the draft... by me." I wouldn't have cared about his free throw shooting or a low block output. Oh well. But really, not a lot of surprises.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby TekOPP » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:11 am

I hope somoene else noticed and appropriately messaged Tsmartin, that Raymond Felton was already taken by Phx champs in the 4th round
TekOPP
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 27)

Postby SC » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:21 am

plonden wrote:I'm also surprised by the Griffen pick. I think he could have been had later in the draft.

I hear you... But I will say, with anybody from Jrue Holiday, to Marcurs Thornton, to Oden and Yao, being drafted, and certain players who could've been drafted long ago... it's hard to predict who is going where, and by whom, as this draft goes on... I'm optimistic on Blake as fantasy player, needless to say... at least teamed with Bogut, Love, and Bargnani, two of which are .80 FT% shooters.
SC
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Fantasy Expert

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Room

Postby deadshot11 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 am

7.10 Brandon Jennings (PG - MIL)
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:41 am

SC wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:Griffin wasn't expected to contribute anything on the blocks before the knee surgery, no way he makes any contribution there now.

He averaged over a block per game in college, didn't block many in the summer league though. With his athleticism, I don't think it would be crazy of him to block close to 1.0 BPG. The comparison to Wallace are lofty, I will admit, but that kind of all around production wouldn't surprise me. He's been working out, last month he said the knee feels good. He's been able to go "almost full blast" for a couple months according to him, he has had alot of time off. I don't think his athleticism will fall off.

It's not really the athleticism that indicates whether or not he'll block shots. 1 BPG in college for a guy who was always the most athletic player on the court isn't really impressive, although having to shoulder the OU offensive load by himself does cut him some slack. Most experts never saw Griffin as a shot blocker because his arms are really short, just doesn't have the absurd wingspan found with most shot blockers. Most of the top shot blockers have a standing reach of 9'2" or better (Al Jeff, Dwight, for example, there are loads of examples on Draft Express if you want to look, can't name others because they haven't been drafted), Blake was only 8'9". Tyreke Evans, a guard, measured 8'8". He can't just dominate by pure athleticism every night now, would be difficult for him to average 1 a night if swingmen have comparable wingspans to him. Griffin was generally expected to look like Carlos Boozer statistically if he reached his ceiling.

I don't think he was a bad pick here, he was in my general top 10 guys available, just thought the blocks part wasn't being realistic.
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Grounded Polo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:53 am

7.11 Andre Miller PG POR
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jay_00 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:59 am

7.12 Eric Gordon (SG - LAC)

8.01 Jameer Nelson (PG,G - ORL)
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Re: 2010-2011 Champions League H2H Draft Room

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:01 am

6.04 Trevor Ariza (SF - NOH)
Lorenzo
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby So-Tex » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:13 am

I'm sure someone has because his post has already been removed. I just PM'd him back as well.

[Sigh] ;-7
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon