2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby phx_2008_champs » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 am

DVauthrin wrote:I was going to take Okafor had Deng not been available.


LOL...I had planned on taking Deng in this round for a while now. :-D
Image
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2323
Joined: 1 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010-2011 Champions League H2H Draft Room

Postby jphanned » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:07 am

for bokzg:

7.06 Samuel Dalembert (C - SAC)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7583
(Past Year: 333)
Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: The Bay to LA

Re: 2010-2011 Completed Trades (All Leagues)

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:07 am

Champions H2H League:

CavemanDoctor begrudgingly gives Andrew Bogut; bokzg gives Samuel Dalembert.
Image
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1192
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby ugk34 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:10 am

All Centers in the 7th round so far
ugk34
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

User avatar

Posts: 154
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 8 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Missouri

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:11 am

You guys did it. Made me sufficiently second-guess myself.

At the end of the day, realized I couldn't stomach having two sizable injury risks on my team (along with K. Martin) so I traded for the safer guy in Dalembert. I have a feeling I will rue this day, fellas. :-°

bokzg, here's to hoping you don't laugh your way all to the bank once the season starts. :-B
Image
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1192
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby greyone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:24 am

bokzg wrote:
Was going to take Bogut with my next pick if he had made it back to me. I'm totally misreading where players are going to go in this draft !+)


Thats a good thing. No sense in being typical.
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1285
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby samo » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:48 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:You guys did it.

Only the fantasy gods have the answers you seek, and they're currently looking over their BBM cumulative value list for the 2010-11 season laughing at us all. Don't blame you for getting Bugut-nerves and making that trade, nor do I think 76 was anything close to early (even in h2h) for a guy who made the jump to elite fantasy player (from the C position no less) last season, with Round 1 per game value over the final 3 months. That is serious upside and taking your chances on Round 1 upside at Pick 76 is ... well ... its what we do. At least half the 6th Round picks will flame out, get hurt, find a coaches doghouse, etc. etc.

Like I said, only the fantasy gods (and RB's insta-links) know for sure, but I do recall most of my favorite draft picks over the years were the ones that took severe criticism at the time they were made. So, take your 12/11/2 (or so) and move on and try not to look at any Bucks box-scores this season because they might make you :,-( (unless they make you :-° ). !+)
samo
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 2476
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby CavemanDoctor » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:54 am

samo wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:You guys did it.

Only the fantasy gods have the answers you seek, and they're currently looking over their BBM cumulative value list for the 2010-11 season laughing at us all. Don't blame you for getting Bugut-nerves and making that trade, nor do I think 76 was anything close to early (even in h2h) for a guy who made the jump to elite fantasy player (from the C position no less) last season, with Round 1 per game value over the final 3 months. That is serious upside and taking your chances on Round 1 upside at Pick 76 is ... well ... its what we do. At least half the 6th Round picks will flame out, get hurt, find a coaches doghouse, etc. etc.

Like I said, only the fantasy gods (and RB's insta-links) know for sure, but I do recall most of my favorite draft picks over the years were the ones that took severe criticism at the time they were made. So, take your 12/11/2 (or so) and move on and try not to look at any Bucks box-scores this season because they might make you :,-( (unless they make you :-° ). !+)


Easier said than done. I will be likely be studying Bucks box scores even more closely now. I can imagine myself watching every Bucks game (never watch them) shaking my head every time Bogut does anything even remotely productive.

We'll see! This is what makes fantasy fun. It's that ruin-your-entire-night potential that always grabs us, right? Right???? !+)
Image
CavemanDoctor
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1192
Joined: 18 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby greyone » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:04 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:
samo wrote:
CavemanDoctor wrote:You guys did it.

Only the fantasy gods have the answers you seek, and they're currently looking over their BBM cumulative value list for the 2010-11 season laughing at us all. Don't blame you for getting Bugut-nerves and making that trade, nor do I think 76 was anything close to early (even in h2h) for a guy who made the jump to elite fantasy player (from the C position no less) last season, with Round 1 per game value over the final 3 months. That is serious upside and taking your chances on Round 1 upside at Pick 76 is ... well ... its what we do. At least half the 6th Round picks will flame out, get hurt, find a coaches doghouse, etc. etc.

Like I said, only the fantasy gods (and RB's insta-links) know for sure, but I do recall most of my favorite draft picks over the years were the ones that took severe criticism at the time they were made. So, take your 12/11/2 (or so) and move on and try not to look at any Bucks box-scores this season because they might make you :,-( (unless they make you :-° ). !+)


Easier said than done. I will be likely be studying Bucks box scores even more closely now. I can imagine myself watching every Bucks game (never watch them) shaking my head every time Bogut does anything even remotely productive.

We'll see! This is what makes fantasy fun. It's that ruin-your-entire-night potential that always grabs us, right? Right???? !+)


"Early" may have been the wrong word. I just don't like passing on results. Samo makes good points. Yes Bogut was a baller pre-injury. And he could return to form. But he is recovering from multiple injuries. Each injury requiring different time tables.

Bogut seemed to heal incredibly from his back surgery. Although the back will probably cut his career short. He is young and strong. Proven to heal and play through injury. BUT his hands, elbow and arm are exposed while playing. And players will attack him every night.

After all this I will probably end up drafting him in the CL roto league. Hahahahahaha. %-6
greyone
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 1285
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010-2011 Completed Trades (All Leagues)

Postby bokzg » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:29 am

CavemanDoctor wrote:Champions H2H League:

CavemanDoctor begrudgingly gives Andrew Bogut; bokzg gives Samuel Dalembert.


Confirmed
Image
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2079
(Past Year: 68)
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues



Get Ready...
The 2014 NBA season starts in 18:09 hours
(and 57 days)


  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact