Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Room

Postby plonden » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 pm

12.10 Josh Childress (SG/SF - PHO)
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: First Division H2H Draft Commentary

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Finally someone bit on the caveman. I'm with Justin that I'm simply not all that enamoured with him especially considering his blocks are rather disappointing. Besides Griffin, I expect Gordon to attempt to assert himself a little more this season further reducing his touches. Also, Kaman seems to be a guy who although is just 28, won't avoid the injury bug as he'd rather destroy something like a few of my neighbors than work hard to maintain his conditioning. ;-7

The problem with Kaman is his turnovers. If you are punting that category, then sure he is a great fit. However, using my team as an example, I didn't want his turnovers on my roster. That's why I passed on him in favor of Haywood.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:59 pm

You can tell we're just reaching for straws to start discussions when there's a multi-page thread on whether or not Kaman was good value in the 10th. :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 pm

silentjim wrote:You can tell we're just reaching for straws to start discussions when there's a multi-page thread on whether or not Kaman was good value in the 10th. :-D

Excellent point there silentjim...

Now, who would like to start the discussion on Sebastian Telfair? :-b
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:09 pm

So-Tex wrote:
silentjim wrote:You can tell we're just reaching for straws to start discussions when there's a multi-page thread on whether or not Kaman was good value in the 10th. :-D

Excellent point there silentjim...

Now, who would like to start the discussion on Sebastian Telfair? :-b

UNDRAFTED PLAYERS SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:11 pm

What prompted the half Jimmy Neutron, half Robot avatar?
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010-2011 First Division ROTO Draft Room

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

12.11 Jermaine O'Neal (C - BOS)
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby silentjim » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:18 pm

DVauthrin wrote:

Ah, I was waiting for this. Apparently Red, Rounders Block, and geodbear, and maybe Plonden thought I needed a new nickname. They're all obviously infatuated with my awesome strategy of tanking 4 cats in H2H. Geodbear came up with Jimmy Neutron as a mad scientist style joke I think, but it was also mentioned that all of the terminator movies, T2, T3 and so on were funny with the T4 meaning Tanking 4 categories. So, it's Jimmy Neutron as a terminator robot. :-D

When typing this out, it doesn't seem near as funny as it did the other day... and by other day I mean yesterday.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:27 pm

silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

Ah, I was waiting for this. Apparently Red, Rounders Block, and geodbear, and maybe Plonden thought I needed a new nickname. They're all obviously infatuated with my awesome strategy of tanking 4 cats in H2H. Geodbear came up with Jimmy Neutron as a mad scientist style joke I think, but it was also mentioned that all of the terminator movies, T2, T3 and so on were funny with the T4 meaning Tanking 4 categories. So, it's Jimmy Neutron as a terminator robot. :-D

When typing this out, it doesn't seem near as funny as it did the other day... and by other day I mean yesterday.

I actually assumed what it is and think it was more funny written out ;-D
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby So-Tex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
silentjim wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

I actually assumed what it is and think it was more funny written out ;-D

It's even funnier with a picture! ;-)

Sorry, Jim - had some time to kill and just couldn't resist! :-b ;-) B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon