2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 In-Season Updates

Postby So-Tex » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 pm

Rounders Block wrote:
sabonis wrote:what the hell is this maximum games thing in the roto league? if I reach 82 games on a position can't I play anymore players at that position? then I'm screwed lol.

Please tell me you're kidding.

It's called playing roto with an "H2H-centric" mentality. :-b :-D :-B B-)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sabonis » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:36 pm

I didn't get an answer :-D so lets say PG has reached to 82 games, that means I can't place anybody at PG for the rest of the season right? I have never played roto in my life
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:56 pm

sabonis wrote:I didn't get an answer :-D so lets say PG has reached to 82 games, that means I can't place anybody at PG for the rest of the season right? I have never played roto in my life

once the PG position reaches 82 games whatever stats your PG gets after will not count towards your team total
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheJordanRulz » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:00 am

sabonis wrote:I didn't get an answer :-D so lets say PG has reached to 82 games, that means I can't place anybody at PG for the rest of the season right? I have never played roto in my life

correct for the most part. you can play them but their stats do not accumulate towards your totals once you've met the games played limits. i was wondering why you weren't leaving any guys on your bench when they had games. my guess is that you'll still have a solid octagon finish, but your hopes of a championship may be out the door.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 113)

Postby So-Tex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:01 am

You did get an answer...it's just that Justin hasn't finished picking up his jaw off the floor and relocating it in it's socket yet. :-B

And yes, like Jordan [and Crimedogg] said, game limits means once you hit 82 games for that position, that's it. No more games will count towards that position. And the number should be doubled for the C and UTL spots, so keep that in mind.

Deep breaths, Phan, deep breaths... :-b ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby sabonis » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:41 am

thanks for the replies. damn I hate myself for playing Arenas so many times. Only if I knew

does the injured players count toward your cap? Like if I thought X was gonna play and put him in the line up but at the last minute there was an injury and he didn't play...
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby So-Tex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:51 am

The way I understand it, if a player doesn't play at all, it doesn't count towards the limit - so you still have another game you can use.

If a player starts the game and then gets hurt, it counts towards your limit.

So basically, if you were running out injured players at any given position and they didn't play at all, you should still have games left at those positions.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby geodbear » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:31 pm

FWIW, I accepted a trade offer in First Division Roto. It would be our first in-season trade.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby So-Tex » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

geodbear wrote:FWIW, I accepted a trade offer in First Division Roto. It would be our first in-season trade.

So was it a "Blockbuster" type deal, or a simple moving "this" for "that" type?

Either way, kudos to you getting a deal done at all. Maybe you can pass some of that trade karma over to us.

At the rate we're going, managers in First Division H2H probably wouldn't even trade salsa recipes! :-{
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby geodbear » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:27 pm

So-Tex wrote:
geodbear wrote:FWIW, I accepted a trade offer in First Division Roto. It would be our first in-season trade.

So was it a "Blockbuster" type deal, or a simple moving "this" for "that" type?

Either way, kudos to you getting a deal done at all. Maybe you can pass some of that trade karma over to us.

At the rate we're going, managers in First Division H2H probably wouldn't even trade salsa recipes! :-{

I'd say "blockbuster." Chris Paul and Dorell Wright for Dwyane Wade, Lamar Odom, and Paul Millsap. I gave up Paul and Wright. My team is has been bouncing between 5th to 7th for awhile now. I have a DH team so trade helps in swapping the %s. Samo made the offer and I just went ahead accepted outright with no negotiations. Felt like I needed the change.

Speaking of salsa, I've been making this really good roasted tomatillo and onions salsa with avocado and mango. Mmmm...
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon