2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2010-2011 In-Season Updates

Postby samo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm

geodbear wrote:FWIW, I accepted a trade offer in First Division Roto. It would be our first in-season trade.

Trade confirmed, or whatever.

I've been resigned lately to finishing in 4th place (debatably the worst slot to finish unless someone drops out of the Champion's league and you get a coveted "call-up") and just retiring from FBB graciously, but something kicked in a couple days ago. Looks I'll be going out in a blaze of glory. Getting someone to accept a trade offer in a league with paranoid, suspicious, and fully informed managers like we have here requires overloading the offer a bit so it's almost too good to refuse. I tried multiple "equal value" trade offers with other managers and just got repeatedly snubbed. At the end of the day, this trade was just an insurance policy so I don't suffer the ultimate indignity of finishing with fewer roto points in the FT% category than the guy TRYING to punt FT%. I drafted a team with .800 and .480 as my baseline %% goals - and each % got wildly skewed (one up; one down) from past season norms. That's pretty much cost me the league, or at least 3rd place.

This move may be too little too late but we'll see. Fight on gentlemen. ;-D
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:28 pm

I haven't really looked to trade at all, I've had a pretty good team that's stayed healthy and can win the league if things bounce in my favor ie prolonged absence of Chauncey Billups. :-D
Grounded Polo
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby geodbear » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:36 pm

So what's the wait period for the trade?
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby samo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

geodbear wrote:So what's the wait period for the trade?

On my "trade details" page on Yahoo, it says the trade will be reflected on our lineups for Wed March 9.

There is not one shred of doubt in my mind CPaul being carted-off on a stretcher was the direct result of me allowing myself to feel relief I I'd already arranged to trade away Millsap when his knee issues flared up. The instant I felt relief I knew the Fantasy Gods would exact their revenge on me. Boy did they ever, like less than 24 hours later! OK, me sorry Fantasy Gods. Oh me so sorry, me love you long time!

Whatever your will for us fantasy mortals be, let it be so. :-b
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby geodbear » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 pm

Paul''s head or Millsap's knee: which will win?
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby geodbear » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 pm

Jay's been active. A couple more trades going in first division roto. I've got Millsap going to Jay for Marc Gasol and Baron Davis. And there's another trade between Jay and Flying Beavers involving more players than I can remember (Josh Smith is one).
geodbear

Postby jphanned » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 pm

Gah, MY TEAM HAS BEEN SO MEDIOCRE. Seriously from 5th to 8th all season. Just not my year.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby geodbear » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 am

Rounders Block wrote:Gah, MY TEAM HAS BEEN SO MEDIOCRE. Seriously from 5th to 8th all season. Just not my year.

You, me, and the two other teams bouncing from 5th to 8th.
geodbear

Postby jay_00 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:20 am

geodbear wrote:Jay's been active. A couple more trades going in first division roto. I've got Millsap going to Jay for Marc Gasol and Baron Davis. And there's another trade between Jay and Flying Beavers involving more players than I can remember (Josh Smith is one).

Yea, I figured id mix it up and get rid of my bad free throw shooters. I shoudlve kept wilson chandler in the beavers trade, but oh well. Still works out fine imo.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Postby jphanned » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:27 am

First Division ROTO league update:

1. the one 76
2. Grounded Polo 74
3. jay_00 67.5
4. samo 63
5. Rounders Block 61.5
6. plonden 60.5
7. geodbear 59
8. FOS 55
9. SC 53
10. flyingbeavers16 52.5
11. deadshot11 51
12. baller crimson 29
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon