High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2012-2013 Champions League ROTO Draft Room

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:17 am

9.07 Ray Allen (G - MIA)
Last edited by jphanned on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed pick number
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Re: 2012-2013 Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:37 am

I like this team. I'm going to dodging the injury bullet all year (and already took one in the Wall) but I like the team.

PG: Jeff Teague (5.06)
SG: Dwyane Wade (1.06)
G: John Wall (9.06)
SF: Rudy Gay (3.06)
PF: POW! Gasol (2.07)
F: Andrei Kirilenko (8.07)
C: Andrew Bogut (7.08)
C: Roy Hibbert (4.07)
UTIL: Kenneth Faried (6.07)
UTIL: Jose Calderon (10.07)
BN: Spencer Hawes
BN: Andre Miller
BN: Metta Ron Ron

Obviously I've punted threes pretty hard, but after four picks it seemed like a good idea. With Wall out for the first month the team is going to struggle in points, and only be so-so after that. Ast is actually ok even without Wall since I have a lot of out-of-position Ast production from bigs and some targeted bench help in Jose and Miller. Why I didn't draft Kirk Hinrich or a couple of other guys instead of Jose in the 10th I'm not sure, but the possibility of a trade may yet save that pick. I think FG% is strong here, ringing in at .490 or so based on last year's numbers, ans FT% is solid at .770 or .780 ( not great but only one or two FT% drags, which I'll take for HtH). Reb, Stl and Blk are all quite solid and the TOs surprisingly low key, with only Wall averaging more than three per, and only three guys more than 2.2 per last year.

I'm going to need Teague and Wall to play well and in general avoid too many injuries (I'm looking at you Andrew Bogut), but if I can manage that I think I have a chance of doing pretty well.

As far as strategy goes, it was all pick to pick BPA decision making to start. I like Wade for HtH and couldn't pass on Pau in the second or Gay in the third, and everything else progressed from there. Hibbert seemed like good value in the 4th for a two center league, and in the fifth I need to shore up PG and Teague was what was on the board. At that point threes were a write-off. I got a couple of guys I really like for this year in Faried and Kirilenko who both also fit the team build really well. After that it just about shoring up categories and planning for Wall's month long absence.

For the record I'd also like to add that Rounder drafted my overwhelming top-of-queue draft target right before my pick on three separate occasions in this draft, for which he has earned my undying enmity. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby jphanned » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:07 am

9.08 Chandler Parsons (F - HOU)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jphanned » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:10 am

Fenris-77 wrote:For the record I'd also like to add that Rounder drafted my overwhelming top-of-queue draft target right before my pick on three separate occasions in this draft, for which he has earned my undying enmity. :-D

That guy is the worst. :-b
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby geodbear » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:20 am

9.09 Michael Beasley (F - PHO)
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 279)

Postby jphanned » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:21 am

PG: Russell Westbrook (1.05)
SG: Marcus Thornton (4.08)
G: Ty Lawson (2.08)
SF: JR Smith (8.08)
PF: Anderson Varejao (7.05)
F: Chandler Parsons (9.05)
C: Ryan Anderson (3.05)
C: Carlos Boozer (6.08)
UTIL: Tony Parker (5.05)
UTIL: Tiago Splitter (10.08)

BN: Jared Dudley (11.05)
BN: Jamal Crawford (12.08)
BN: Shawn Marion (13.05)

Building a H2H team around Westbrook was a bit trickier than I thought. Not quite enough dimes, and you have to figure out what you want to do with boards, blocks, and TO. Plan was BPA in Rd2 (Lawson) then decide based on who was there Rd3. Like Ryno a lot this year and he was on the board, so it made sense to punt blocks and take a wait-and-see approach with TO. Thought Thornton was nice value at 44 (glad I passed on Eric Gordon there), and was real happy with Parker/Boozer in 5/6 - Boozer is key to a punt-block build. Dudley also slipped a bit to 125. Made up some ground in TO in the mid-to-late rounds, enough to at least be competitive.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Re: 2012-2013 First Division H2H Draft Room

Postby barrec » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:24 am

13.03 Ramon Sessions (PG - CHA)
Irony is the strongest force in the universe.
barrec
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon