Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: 2012-2013 Champions League Draft Commentary

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:29 pm

sabonis wrote:
ardilla wrote:injury risk?

funny yet, so inaccurate. just because of Curry and Roy and Harrington? (who I can replace with any of the waiver guys)

Bargnani and Granger said hi. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby sabonis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:48 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
sabonis wrote:
ardilla wrote:injury risk?

funny yet, so inaccurate. just because of Curry and Roy and Harrington? (who I can replace with any of the waiver guys)

Bargnani and Granger said hi. ;-)

Granger? he might be injured right now and taking it slow but you gotta be kidding me or have no idea what you are talking about, because the guy is tough as hell and I got him at the end of round 4... Bargnani, I can understand, but he ain't injury prone. if you take his worst season out, he only missed 8 games per season in his career, which is acceptable.

and btw Al Harrington isn't injured that ofthen either (I counted him because he's injured right now)

and guess what? you have Pekovic, Eric Gordon, Thad Young, Wilson Chandler who are either on par or with Bargnani or much worse than him about missing games... and even Asik was injured a few times in Turkey. oh and Rubio. So I guess you were just kidding after all.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby jphanned » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Good job, good effort sabonis. X-I
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby sabonis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:34 pm

I'm not saying I did a good job, I might end up being last, just don't like when people talk without facts or without taking a look at their team.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby jphanned » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:44 pm

sabonis wrote:I'm not saying I did a good job, I might end up being last, just don't like when people talk without facts or without taking a look at their team.

They're right though. Whether or not you want to admit it, more than half of the players on your roster are dinged up in some way or another. It may not seem like a big deal if you go through it player by player, but as a whole you accumulated a ton of potential DNP's. Piling on minor injury risks on top of Steph, Harrington, and Roy makes it even less palatable.
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: 2012-2013 Champions League ROTO Draft Room

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:17 pm

10.06 Trevor Ariza (SF - WAS)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 366)

Postby DamnLies » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:21 pm

10.07 Kemba Walker (G - CHA)
DamnLies
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby jphanned » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

For So-Tex:
10.08 Alonzo Gee (GF - CLE)
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

Postby bokzg » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:15 pm

10.09 Luis Scola (PF,C - PHO)
bokzg
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 113)

Postby sabonis » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:35 pm

yeah but dinged up is one thing, injury prone-risk is another thing, I can take a look at everyone's team and come up with flaws but not everyhing equals to injury risk. for example last year an average player missed 10 games, so you can't call a guy injury prone because he missed 8 games per season in his career.

I agree with Curry being a high risk high reward player, same goes with Roy but the rest looks pretty average to me. I can point out 4-5 guys on each team with injury history or hurt right now. Hell half the league is tainted if you look at it that way.
sabonis
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Octagon