2007-2013 Archived Posts - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Octagon

2007-2013 Archived Posts

Moderators: jphanned, samo

Re: Veto Trade Debate

Postby jay_00 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Rounders Block wrote:The commissioner may veto a trade that is, in the commissioner's judgment, grossly unfair (a trade that will upset the competitive balance of the league) at any time during this 3 day period, but will abstain otherwise.

Two teams are competing to catch the first place team, so from a competitive standpoint, Fairies is upsetting the competitive balance of the league with a trade he doesnt stand to gain anything from (add in the fact he hasnt shown much effort into improving all year). Based on that rule, its an unfair trade.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 pm

jay_00 wrote:
Rounders Block wrote:The commissioner may veto a trade that is, in the commissioner's judgment, grossly unfair (a trade that will upset the competitive balance of the league) at any time during this 3 day period, but will abstain otherwise.

Two teams are competing to catch the first place team, so from a competitive standpoint, Fairies is upsetting the competitive balance of the league with a trade he doesnt stand to gain anything from (add in the fact he hasnt shown much effort into improving all year). Based on that rule, its an unfair trade.

Based off that logic, doesn't any trade I make them with teams 4-12 (since you said only two other teams can catch first) upset the competitive balance of the league because I only make trades I feel I get the better end of the deal?
FBC Octagon Champion - 2010-2011
Crimedogg32
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jay_00 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 am

Crimedogg32 wrote:Based off that logic, doesn't any trade I make them with teams 4-12 (since you said only two other teams can catch first) upset the competitive balance of the league because I only make trades I feel I get the better end of the deal?

But my argument is supported strongly by the fact that he hasnt tried to improve much all season. Come on man, he has Al Harrington on his roster for the last 3 weeks. He doesnt even average 13 MINUTES per game, and i doubt anyone in the world has him on a roster at this point. Theres been much more productive players on waivers, so i just dont believe for one second that he's honestly trying to improve when he hasnt all season. Based on that also, hes upsetting the competitive balance of the league by improving your team without giving much effort to improve himself.

If everyone cant realize the obvious here (he hasnt tried nearly all season), then just forget it man...im done...decide what u want.
jay_00
College Captain
College Captain

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 75)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:46 am

From a quick glance, it appears the majority has it right, no veto.

The only circumstance I could see something fishy here is if the last place team literally does nothing for an extended period of time - no trades, FA adds, setting up lineups on a daily basis or managing injuries. Then, suddenly, we have activity in the form of a pending trade.

However, since I don't get the sense this is what has happened, you can't cry for a veto. Nope, not even because an owner has made poor decisions for much of the season, is close to hopelessly remaining in last place and some manager vying for the championship will soon benefit from a trade in the final weeks.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby ggs » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:03 pm

read the yahoo message board as well as the comments here. i agree with no veto.
ggs
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 152)

Previous

Return to FBC Octagon