Rotoworld updates... Ugh... - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers

Rotoworld updates... Ugh...

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Rotoworld updates... Ugh...

Postby phx_2008_champs » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:49 am

ardilla wrote:Maybe not in the spirit but despite the frequently poor advice and advertisements freezing my computer, I havent found a better place than Rotoworld for keeping up with injuries and who is going to play when.

I absolutely agree. Rotoworld is my main source of B-Ball news. That's the reason that this thread exists...we read it. I'm just glad, as the following quote suggests, they don't ever toot their own horn or anything...

Mike Miller said that he wants to push up his timetable to return from his thumb injury from mid-January to Christmas.
James Jones has done an admirable job filling in for Miller, averaging 10.4 points and three treys in 26 minutes per game, but he'll become nearly useless to fantasy owners when Miller returns. Try squeezing another month's worth of production out of Jones, then dump him on the unsuspecting leaguemate who doesn't read Rotoworld.

Thanks Rotoworld, for the insight on what will happen to Jones' value once Miller returns...what would I do without you? ;-7
phx_2008_champs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby plonden » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:12 am

Twitter is nice too. You can get breaking news off of Twitter before it hits Rotoworld. However, Twitter sucks for getting a view of what happened previously, other than what is going on right now.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 77)

Postby thejusman1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:02 pm

More funny than stupid:
Allen Iverson's Turkish league game on Sunday will be broadcast on NBA TV at 3:00 p.m. EST.
If you don't like football, have the channel, and want to see a 35-year-old eventual first-ballot Hall-of-Famer play like a shell of his former self, this is your chance.
thejusman1
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jackie hayes » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:55 am

Great blurb title: "Karma Police: LeBron's Heat fall to Clips"

:-D
jackie hayes
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby jphanned » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 pm

jackie hayes wrote:Great blurb title: "Karma Police: LeBron's Heat fall to Clips"

:-D

I just threw up a little. :-P :-{
Find me on Twitter
jphanned

EditorModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 403)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:32 am

The karma train keeps rolling.

LeBron James (ankle) returned to action and shot a horrendous 11-of-30 from the field (2-of-10 from downtown) on Tuesday, scoring 34 points to go with 10 rebounds, seven assists, six turnovers, and two steals in the Heat's 93-89 overtime loss to the Hawks.

It's the Heat's fourth loss in a row since his 'karma' tweet, which is so ironic that Alanis Morissette called and wants her word back. James and Dwyane Wade still don't have full command of the game plan on the court, with lapses on both ends that will cost them come playoff time. Jan. 18 - 11:09 pm et
jackie hayes
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:07 am

Kings coach Paul Westphal said that J.J. Hickson will likely start in place of Chuck Hayes, who is out 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.

Hickson is averaging 6.8 points and 6.9 rebounds in 22 minutes per game, so don't get too excited -- even a 32+ minute role would leave him scraping for low-end fantasy value. He'll chip in a few steals and blocks and is certainly worth a look in 12-team leagues.

Rotoworld
So Westy is still making coaching decisions? :-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

Postby baller crimson » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:22 am

Was just reading over some of the other ridiculousness in this thread. It never gets old. :-b
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby GoodOl'Days » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:28 pm

ardilla wrote:Maybe not in the spirit but despite the frequently poor advice and advertisements freezing my computer, I havent found a better place than Rotoworld for keeping up with injuries and who is going to play when.

For a site that covers all sports with quicker updates than any other it's quality material. You have to realize their writers are required to formulate advice showing foresight as long as possible in to the future within a few moments of news breaking. Of course with more time and discussion anyone will refine this info. That's what their articles are for, not these updates some of you are so tritely criticising. They are also appealing to CBS and ESPN leagues which often have vastly different scoring formats than the Yahoo leagues typically discussed here. For a site forced to appeal to the lowest common denominator they do a good job.

The way rotoworld reads you comment is " I don't understand how much info rotowolrd processes or how fast it does so or how often their advice is worth reading if I understood how to put it in perspective of my league. My cpu is poorly put together or out of date with software updates and drivers and I found advice from others who are in leagues closer to the style of mine."

Just sayen'
Fantasy Sports Addict
GoodOl'Days
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Goran Dragic sprained his left ankle last week and was unable to participate in Hornets training camp on Tuesday.
Dragic stepped on Jermaine O'Neal's foot during a pickup game last Wednesday, but hopefully the injury won't keep him on the sidelines much longer. Rookie Kendall Marshall is expected to be Dragic's understudy this season, and we expect big things from the fifth-year PG -- keep in mind, he was the No. 17 player in nine-cat leagues over the final month of the 2011-12 season.

Rotoworld
Sweet! Dragic is somehow a Hornet!!!
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 688)

PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leftovers