Is Collison the new Monta - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Is Collison the new Monta

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Is Collison the new Monta

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:23 am

bujfan2030 wrote:So apparently, the 20 was an inflated number. http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/a-cl ... ist-night/ and its rumored to be a pretty common occurrence.
Has anybody heard of anything like this on other teams? Anybody seen stats for how much error occurs leaguewide? And do teams really report their own stats, or is this a league official? :-*

Uh-oh. Bad idea chum. You don't want to talk about this publicly at all or Stu Jackson's bully boys are going to black bag your ass coming home from the bar some night and no one will ever hear from you again.

Yes, you do hear occasional stories about inflated totals in certain games, but I think the idea that it's endemic is a little flawed. Mostly the boxscore agrees pretty well with what I see on the TV, and even the occasions it doesn't seem to be pretty evenly spread between players and teams. I don't think it's a big deal. I have a much bigger issue with the leagues differential foul calling policies, especially as regards gigantic crab dribbling douche-bags. Not that I'm bitter. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Is Collison the new Monta

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 am

Kevin Pelton has some nice analysis of A Paul/Collison Backcourt http://www.basketballprospectus.com/art ... cleid=1050
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting