Curry Explosion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Curry Explosion

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Curry Explosion

Postby bujfan2030 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:47 am

So I know it was only the Clippers, But did anyone see Stephen Curry's Line tonight

.500 .875 7 trey's, 36pts, 10 reb,13 ast,3 stl, 6 TO
So yeah, he's picked up Monta's turnover habit, But Still that's a Ridiculous line.

Oh and while I'm at it Clippers must have played No D
Anthony Morrow .563 1.000 3 trey's, 26 points, 10 reb, 6ast, 1 stl, 4 tO

Also do you think the high TO's are tied to their usage and Pace or are they just really careless as a team.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Curry Explosion

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:32 pm

You nailed it - usage. Curry/Morrow usually don't touch the ball nearly as much (thanks Ellis/Mags). Since the team does play fast, it's no surprise they had an inordinate # of TO's.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:19 pm

I had visions of chicken vindaloo everywhere. I may start calling Stephen Curry 'Vindaloo' as a result, and I blame bujfan entirely. :-B
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:35 am

:-D Ok So Be it! Vindaloo Explosion!
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm

It'll be interesting to see what role Curry reverts to as Ellis is slated to be ready for the Warriors next game. Personally, I think the team definitely needs to build around Steph, but that will likely (hopefully) start this coming off season.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bujfan2030 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm

To be fair, Curry has benefited from the return of Morrow(I've had a big smile this week rockin em both in my roto league). Granted it's been against bad teams but Curry seems to be able to get his team-mates more involved.
From a post game Press conference -
Q: How do you duplicate that kind of performance by Curry when Monta’s back on the floor?

-NELSON: (Laughs) Well, I don’t know. He’s the point guard and actually I’ve been looking for a point-forward for how many years now. Even when we had Karl the idea was to get both those guys moving off of screens and being more as a shooter.
-Q: Monta and Maggette are obviously good scorers, but can you explain how your team scores so efficiently tonight with them out?

-NELSON: Well, you know, since we don’t really have a post-up game without Maggette, we have to move the ball more. And that’s a factor. And we don’t have a go-to guy, so there is more ball movement.

But there were a lot of openings, too. It really helps to have Morrow on the floor because they don’t leave him and that really opens up the middle for our rolls. They were coming off of our 4-man and tonight our 4 made jump shots. So they were between a rock and a hard place on how to guard our screen-and-roll.

And then Curry is a terrific assist man. He can find creases and areas where he can make the pass and we had the screen-and-roll game really going tonight.
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:41 pm

If Monta Ellis happens to be traded this off season, I'm drafting Steph in the first round. Man this kid is putting up some sick numbers! :-L
RedHopeful

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting