Lakers Magic - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Lakers Magic

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Lakers Magic

Postby bujfan2030 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:57 am

They played a very entertaining game today with close to playoff intensity. Kobe had 34 but with his all too frequent of late bad shooting; still Lakers had a chance to win at the end But Kobe missed a game winner for once. Things got really physical and chippy at one point http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/07/lake ... on-bryant/ So reading the article you get the feeling that Kobe feels like his bad shooting day had more to do with himself than with Barnes. The Magic are definitely dangerous for whoever they play in the playoffs. But in a Matchup with the Lakers if the difference in the game is if Kobe has a good day or Vince Carter has a good day. Well I think we all know how that probably turns out. Man, I hate the Lakers!

Oh and Gasol is politely asking for more touches.
"Kobe is a great player, the best offensive player out there ... but at the same time, we need to find some balance with our interior game, develop it a little more, moving the ball and changing sides,'' Gasol said gingerly, knowing he was treading on sacred territory by questioning Bryant and the offense of coach Phil Jackson. "We need to get focused on that a little more, to find balance, to find some flow.'' http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/03/07/gaso ... cent-woes/
Super Sneaky Hops
bujfan2030
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response TeamLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 88)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Lakers Magic

Postby dula14 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:15 pm

Gasol is right. The Lakers offense is at it's best when run inside out. Kobe's shooting % is been substandard since injuring his finger yet he continues to dwarf all Lakers in FGAs. His first few games back after the ankle injury he seemed to be content being a facilitator while picking and choosing his spots to attack offensively, but it didn't take long for him to once again become the focal point of the offense.

Kobe is one of the best players in the history of the game and his skills are unquestioned, but Bynum and Gasol need their touches in this offense. It's clear that his shooting touch just isn't there right now so why not allow his talented big men to shoulder more of the load? I'm beginning to have my doubts as to whether Kobe, Bynum and Gasol can all co-exist.
dula14
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm

Gasol is right. I watched the finish of that game and I swear Kobe didn't pass the ball to anyone else in like the final 8 minutes. Lakers have very capable scorers and playmakers (as evidence when he missed some games) so to see Kobe put it all on his shoulders was disappointing. If I'm other teams, this was a good thing as it definitely makes the Lakers more vulnerable now.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 692)

Postby silentjim » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:08 pm

Kobe was also sick, which you'd think would force him to pass more and relieve himself of some of the pressure. I like his best in the world mindset on most occasions, but at times you need to know what wins games and what doesn't.

On a side note, him not flinching when Barnes faked the ball in his face from out of bounds was pretty crazy. It does show Kobe's mental toughness.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 728)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting