Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz

Postby baller crimson » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:48 am

Such an awesome game so far. But now Denver's since taken a seven point lead. I've been super impressed by the Jazz's resiliency after losing Okur early.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz

Postby RedHopeful » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Fell asleep before halftime, but in checking the boxscore, I agree. No AK or Okur though and this looks like a 4 game series (maybe 5). JR Smith had a heck of a quarter besides Carmelo's playoff high. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Nice win for the Jazz. Didn't watch too much of it but Deron Williams is looking to make a serious statement... ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:23 pm

I also fell asleep halfway through, but woke up for a portion of the 4th. Deron lit it up. He willed this victory. The Jazz should be proud. And Fesenko actually gave some quality minutes...a little off to start, but he shored it up and at least gave the Jazz a big body clogging the middle and some hard fouls.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 pm

I read that George Karl met with the team before tonight's game so I expect them to come out like gangbusters...
RedHopeful

Postby plonden » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:55 pm

RedHopeful wrote:I read that George Karl met with the team before tonight's game so I expect them to come out like gangbusters...

Looks like Melo and Billups were the only ones who showed up to play for the Nuggets last night. Deron Williams is having an awesome series so far and has put up 35 assists to 10 turnovers. Game four will be HUGE but it looks like the Jazz have taken the momentum from Denver in this series.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:26 pm

plonden wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I read that George Karl met with the team before tonight's game so I expect them to come out like gangbusters...

Looks like Melo and Billups were the only ones who showed up to play for the Nuggets last night. Deron Williams is having an awesome series so far and has put up 35 assists to 10 turnovers. Game four will be HUGE but it looks like the Jazz have taken the momentum from Denver in this series.

Yeah - a bit shocked by the outcome - especially since Boozer was off his game.

It is pleasant to watch Deron so aggressive and confident in everything he's doing out there. He really has elevated his game this season. ;-D
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:37 am

I've been really impressed with both Deron and the whole Jazz team this series. I'd bet the Nuggets are more than a little shell-shocked at this point too. I really doubt that they expected to have much trouble with the Jazz after Okur went down, and now they find themselves down 2-1. It's leadership do or die time for Melo and Chauncey at this point - if they can't right the ship and get their guys going it's going to be an early exit.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby silentjim » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:I've been really impressed with both Deron and the whole Jazz team this series. I'd bet the Nuggets are more than a little shell-shocked at this point too. I really doubt that they expected to have much trouble with the Jazz after Okur went down, and now they find themselves down 2-1. It's leadership do or die time for Melo and Chauncey at this point - if they can't right the ship and get their guys going it's going to be an early exit.

Yeah, Jazz looking good. ;-D Does make you wonder about George Karl missing the games and what impact it would have had.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:40 pm

Funny how little press has been given to the missing AK and Okur but man Denver is in trouble. They can't beat a team who is missing two vital cogs? :-o

D Williams has absolutely owned Billups ... :-L
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting