Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Round One: Nuggets vs. Jazz

Postby big.d57 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 am

Boo......We haven't been able to do anything against the Jazz besides Carmelo. I mean seriously? Martin can't get one defensive rebound? CJ Miles and Wes Matthews scoring 15+ points every game? Chicken Nuggets....
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Anyone catch Melo's post game interview where he basically said he needs help? As in calling out a few teammates? :-o
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby plonden » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:44 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Anyone catch Melo's post game interview where he basically said he needs help? As in calling out a few teammates? :-o

I saw that -- did anyone point out to him that he should, like, not turn the ball over 9 times before throwing his entire team under the bus?
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:54 pm

plonden wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Anyone catch Melo's post game interview where he basically said he needs help? As in calling out a few teammates? :-o

I saw that -- did anyone point out to him that he should, like, not turn the ball over 9 times before throwing his entire team under the bus?

I suppose JR Smith did. ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:40 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
plonden wrote:

I suppose JR Smith did. ;-7

I haven't watched every minute of every game, but Smith for once is correct. Even Billups needs to stop taking that dribble up three and start passing to the open guys. The Jazz aren't that great defensively and they need to take advantage of match-ups. The Jazz are playing great team basketball and who's ever open is scoring.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Sorry to say Nugget's fans but Carmelo is not looking like an MVP candidate. Sure he's been putting up some nice numbers but they're sort of empty to me. He's still not hustling on D - especially missing rotations like where the man he should cover either an easy off. rebound for a putback. Also, he's shooting WAY too many bad shots instead of either A) working the D to free up another guy or B) simply getting something easier/getting to the foul line.
RedHopeful

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting