Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:37 pm

I didn't get a chance to watch Game 1, but Game 2 was a very good game. Really, the Cavs were simply blessed. The Bulls, on a night of average luck, would have won that game. They did what they had to do defensively, and they kept up the pressure on offense. However, when it seems like God himself is watching over Cleveland's balls, there isn't much one can do.

Not exactly a "fluke" win for the Cavs, but it did show that they needed a decent dose of luck to win this game.

BTW, I missed you guys...been a long time since I've had a chance to jump back into the Cafe.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Hello there stranger. :-)

Yeah - watched a quite a bit of it too. Bulls really needed for someone to hit a consistent jumper - I'm looking at you Hinrich!
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 703)

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:18 pm

LOL, c'mon man...Cleveland was 10/20 on 3s. That's plain ridiculous!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 pm

RobitusinZ wrote:LOL, c'mon man...Cleveland was 10/20 on 3s. That's plain ridiculous!

Indeed. But you're going to beat very few teams when your SG goes 2-8 while the PG/SF aren't the biggest perimeter threats. In looking at the box score it's quite amazing the Bulls were in this game (expect for the Bull's TO's which definitely won't happen again).
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:33 am

The games have technically been a lot closer than I would have thought in Cleveland.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby plonden » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:25 pm

silentjim wrote:The games have technically been a lot closer than I would have thought in Cleveland.

Tonight should be the real test for the Bullies.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RobitusinZ » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Yup, definitely looking forward to it. I won't say Noah's one of my "favorite" players, but he's now on the list of guys I enjoy keeping tabs on. I guess I'm sold on the man-o-drama.

RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:49 am

Sigh - when I turned it on Bulls were up close to 20 something. Of course the Cav's preceded to cut it to 9...maybe I should stop watching. :-o
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:50 am

RedHopeful wrote:Sigh - when I turned it on Bulls were up close to 20 something. Of course the Cav's preceded to cut it to 9...maybe I should stop watching. :-o

I went to the bathroom. It was my fault. ;-)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:51 am

silentjim wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Sigh - when I turned it on Bulls were up close to 20 something. Of course the Cav's preceded to cut it to 9...maybe I should stop watching. :-o

I went to the bathroom. It was my fault. ;-)

Lol - how come you're not at the game! O:-)
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting