Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Round One: Cavaliers vs. Bulls

Postby silentjim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:59 am

RedHopeful wrote:
silentjim wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Sigh - when I turned it on Bulls were up close to 20 something. Of course the Cav's preceded to cut it to 9...maybe I should stop watching. :-o

I went to the bathroom. It was my fault. ;-)

Lol - how come you're not at the game! O:-)

Work. :-t I'm on the road again.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:48 am

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:26 am

silentjim wrote:Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not without the drama though! Hinrich missing 2 FT's and Rose 1 made it more interesting than it should have been. How about that non-call on AV's missed 2nd FT where Noah basically headlocked Lebron with one arm preventing him from getting the board? ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby silentjim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:02 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
silentjim wrote:Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Not without the drama though! Hinrich missing 2 FT's and Rose 1 made it more interesting than it should have been. How about that non-call on AV's missed 2nd FT where Noah basically headlocked Lebron with one arm preventing him from getting the board? ;-7

Eh, it was to make up for Shaq throwing Bows all day and night. :-D
silentjim

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Anyone catch the blurb about Lebron wanting more Hickson (and less Shaq)? }:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:57 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Anyone catch the blurb about Lebron wanting more Hickson (and less Shaq)? }:-)
q can

Didn't see it, but it makes sense. I'd have one of Hickson or Varejao on the floor anytime Noah was playing.

Shaq can on occasion score down low, but he can't keep up with Noah running the floor.

Lebron is a little odd to watch sometime as well. Despite shooting a career best 53% this season he's still not what I would call a true shooter. He could get there, but right now his will to win is what enables to him to make so many shots down the stretch.

Yesterday he tried to take over early instead of playing in the offense and ended up a ton of shots. Drive and kick or finish at the rim Lebron. That's your bread and butter. Mo Williams can shoot and Jamison, Moon, and Parker can hit open jumpers. Don't over think it. I'm beginning to think Noah might actually be having an effect on him mentally which is funny. I still want the Bulls to win if they can obviously, but realistically the Cavs will win the series, but won't have done it very well.

We'll see the adjustments they make next game.
silentjim

Postby plonden » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:44 pm

silentjim wrote:We'll see the adjustments they make next game.

:-D Adjustments -- don't they need a coach for that? :-D :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:27 pm

plonden wrote:
silentjim wrote:We'll see the adjustments they make next game.

:-D Adjustments -- don't they need a coach for that? :-D :-D

Haha - I was going to knock Mike Brown as well. ;-D
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Although they're out, I'm liking how Rose and Noah keep developing. Hopefully Chicago is able to land a consistent SG this off season.

As for Cleveland, what's up with Lebron's elbow? Shooting a FT left-handed in a close game? You can't tell me he was in that much discomfort to not attempt it with the right. :-?
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:28 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Although they're out, I'm liking how Rose and Noah keep developing. Hopefully Chicago is able to land a consistent SG this off season.

As for Cleveland, what's up with Lebron's elbow? Shooting a FT left-handed in a close game? You can't tell me he was in that much discomfort to not attempt it with the right. :-?

Yeah, you could tell Mike Brown wasn't happy and I agree with him. He clearly wasn't in that much pain. It's called discomfort. Lebron's problem (and his strength) is that he thinks he can do anything (like hit a left handed free throw to ice the game).

Pretty good series all in all. Despite the FTA being near even to end the game, the Cavs got pretty much every call in that game. Not sure why the young teams can't get even treatment in the playoffs. Shaq backs guys down and throws his body into you and if you try to stand your ground it's a foul? I don't get that.
silentjim

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting