Round One: Heat vs. Celtics - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: Heat vs. Celtics

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round One: Heat vs. Celtics

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Game 1 was uuuuugly. LOL. But fun! I'm happy KG only threw an elbow and didn't actually eat anybody (when's the last time you saw Smush Parker?). I think these guys are evenly matched. The Heat could've taken game 1 if not for the ridiculous amount of TOs. That's not a typical Heat game. I fully expected them to shore up those issues for Game 2. KG and Rondo are killers, though.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round One: Heat vs. Celtics

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

It'd be nice for the Heat to take advantage of a missing KG in tonight's game. O:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm

Specifically, I'm looking for BEASLEY to take advantage of a lack of KG tonight. The kid seriously needs to step up...we can't keep calling him our 2nd best player if he doesn't play 2nd best.

Really, I feel that's all we need for this series. If Beasley can somehow turn it on, that'd be the catalyst for the Heat taking it.

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm

RobitusinZ wrote:Specifically, I'm looking for BEASLEY to take advantage of a lack of KG tonight. The kid seriously needs to step up...we can't keep calling him our 2nd best player if he doesn't play 2nd best.

Really, I feel that's all we need for this series. If Beasley can somehow turn it on, that'd be the catalyst for the Heat taking it.

I expect Wade to unleash the Beast tonight if the Heat don't run away with it early. Beasley has had too many ups and downs the entire season to expect much outta him. I hope he does but one definitely can't count on it...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baller crimson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 pm

Wade's going to carry the Heat past the Celtics in this series...and get promptly owned in the second round due to his fatigue. ;-)
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Oh, I have no aspirations of going beyond round 2. I think the Cs are beatable, but Cleveland's just ridiculous.

RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 am

Good lord, didn't expect to tune into the game at this point and see a 62-37 score... %-6
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 am

Man, I don't think the Heat want a disgruntled Wade going into the off season, but this game may have done it. Not often do announcers say they'd rather watch 10 minutes of the first quarter of another game then finish the 4th quarter of a playoff game and have producers oblige.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah, that was ugly. I think people may be underestimating how big a role the complete crappiness of the Heat's supporting cast will play in this year's free agency scene. Beasley just doesn't look like he's a good supporting piece at this point, and aside form him the Heat have bupkis. If they come back hard at home maybe that softens the blow, but right now I wouldn't be resting easy as a Heat fan (and as a Raptors fan I know how that feels :D)
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby KalElen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:10 pm

take that doubters. i myself don't see c's as contenders, but the idea that heat or any other lower seed in the east could take them out was a laughable at best
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting