Round One: OKC v. LA - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: OKC v. LA

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round One: OKC v. LA

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:31 am

Nice game tonight. Durant got off to a super slow start (1-8) but really poured it on later. How about his 19 boards? :-L

Westy also played well and OKC's bigs really put the clamps down on Odom/Gasol/Bynum.

Meanwhile, anyone notice bad Kobe appear? Shot a ton of bad shots before deferring to his teammates little too late. O:-)

Watching CLE and LAL lose tonight reaffirmed that it's really wide open to the Finals and the team that gets and stays hot could win this year's championship.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round One: OKC v. LA

Postby plonden » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:35 pm

I didn't see much of this game (watching the Suns) but was flipping back and forth. Seemed like an AWESOME environment in there. One guy I noticed who was playing well was Nick Collison. He was fronting the post on Bynum and just playing going post D. Keeping Bynum to 13 and 7 is probably a success.

Well done, Thunder. ;-D

RedHopeful wrote:Watching CLE and LAL lose tonight reaffirmed that it's really wide open to the Finals and the team that gets and stays hot could win this year's championship.

I hope you're right, Oleh. :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:50 pm

plonden wrote:I didn't see much of this game (watching the Suns) but was flipping back and forth. Seemed like an AWESOME environment in there.

Haha - was doing the same but since the Suns were kicking the s#!t out of Portland I watched more OKC. As far as the environment, Craig Sager said he hit 109 decibels on his meter - said it was some kind of record (forgot for what).
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:36 pm

plonden wrote:One guy I noticed who was playing well was Nick Collison. He was fronting the post on Bynum and just playing going post D. Keeping Bynum to 13 and 7 is probably a success.
Here's what Hollinger had to say about Collison is his all-defensive team article...

John Hollinger wrote:But the hardest player to leave off my top three wasn't any of those guys -- it was Oklahoma City's Nick Collison (-7.22). You heard that correctly: Nick Collison. Every metric says Collison was one of the league's most effective defensive players this season, leading the league in drawing charges despite coming off the bench and posting a phenomenal on-court versus off-court differential for the league's seventh-ranked defensive squad.

That's some heady praise for a guy that most casual NBA fans wouldn't even recognize. B-) And while we're on the subject, here's what Holly had to say about Ibaka...

John Hollinger wrote:Oklahoma City's Serge Ibaka (-1.99) didn't play a lot of minutes, but he's a terror in the making because of his length, quickness and shot-blocking ability. Of particular note was the fourth quarter of the game in Portland this season, when he basically eradicated LaMarcus Aldridge from the box score -- Aldridge didn't get a shot attempt the entire quarter, and it wasn't from lack of trying.

Can OKC do play eval? Survey says ... yes they can!
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 am

Series tied 2-2. ;-D

Can this team do the impossible? ;-7
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 am

RedHopeful wrote:Series tied 2-2. ;-D

Can this team do the impossible? ;-7

I'm certainly cheering for them, but I suspect that LA will still manage to carry things on thier home floor. Still, my original over-under for this series at 6.5 games is looking pretty good.

If they did manage to win they'll probably play the Jazz, whom they own a 3-1 season mark against. If the Thunder can actually beat the Lakers, is it insane to think they could beat the Jazz as well? I don't think so. Same goes for the Spurs. The Thunder in the Finals though? Crazy talk. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

I wonder if LA finally brings it tonight? The sharpness, aggressiveness and everything else we've seen from them when they've been on the last couple of years. If not, I like OKC's chances to steal one. Heck they could've had game 2.

Btw, what's up with Kobe sporting a 38.4 FG%? :-o
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 pm

RedHopeful wrote:I wonder if LA finally brings it tonight? The sharpness, aggressiveness and everything else we've seen from them when they've been on the last couple of years. If not, I like OKC's chances to steal one. Heck they could've had game 2.
If LA doesn't bring the noise tonight I think they're screwed. I think if OKC takes a 3-2 lead back to their home floor they'll win it in 6 (just a gut feeling).

RedHopeful wrote:Btw, what's up with Kobe sporting a 38.4 FG%? :-o

It's that farmutshet finger of his. :-C
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Wow, so this is the Laker's team everyone was expecting. ;-7
RedHopeful

Postby silentjim » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Wow, so this is the Laker's team everyone was expecting. ;-7

Not sure why it took them 5 games to figure out that Bynum, Gasol, and Odom needed to eat them up inside....
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting