Round One: MIL-ATL - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round One: MIL-ATL

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:43 am

Never imagined the Hawks could lose to the Bucks in a 7 game series but they are about to go down 3-2. 8-o 8-o 8-o
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 708)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby KalElen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:17 am

RedHopeful wrote:Never imagined the Hawks could lose to the Bucks in a 7 game series but they are about to go down 3-2. 8-o 8-o 8-o

i haven't been able to watch any of the series so far, but to say i'm stunned doesn't even begin to describe it. whatever happens rest of the way, woodson is gone, at this point i'm pretty sure of that. i really don't get all the hype (relatively speaking) around him, around the net. he was given a bad team and he did nothing with it. roster was gradually improved and it showed through the record. he really did nothing to make the team exceed expectations in any of the season he's been around. i even think they underperformed this season, with some terrible losses and while coaches usually get the axe by default, in this case i really don't see anyone else who deserves majority of the blame
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:18 am

I'm a little bit boggled by the Bucks' success too, but good for them. Apparently Scott Skiles was the right coach for them.

Woodson is probably going to have to beat the Bucks and then win the series after that to really feel secure in his job. Which means I think he might be toast. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6300
(Past Year: 410)
Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:21 pm

KalElen wrote:i haven't been able to watch any of the series so far, but to say i'm stunned doesn't even begin to describe it. whatever happens rest of the way, woodson is gone, at this point i'm pretty sure of that. i really don't get all the hype (relatively speaking) around him, around the net. he was given a bad team and he did nothing with it. roster was gradually improved and it showed through the record. he really did nothing to make the team exceed expectations in any of the season he's been around. i even think they underperformed this season, with some terrible losses and while coaches usually get the axe by default, in this case i really don't see anyone else who deserves majority of the blame

Yep - had the same thought regarding Woodson as I watched the 4th quarter last night. Standing there with his mouth agape probably thinking I better call Larry Brown and hope I can get the Philly job. ;-7

Also, I would think this might propel Joe Johnson out of Atlanta. :-X
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 708)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby silentjim » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:38 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
KalElen wrote:i haven't been able to watch any of the series so far, but to say i'm stunned doesn't even begin to describe it. whatever happens rest of the way, woodson is gone, at this point i'm pretty sure of that. i really don't get all the hype (relatively speaking) around him, around the net. he was given a bad team and he did nothing with it. roster was gradually improved and it showed through the record. he really did nothing to make the team exceed expectations in any of the season he's been around. i even think they underperformed this season, with some terrible losses and while coaches usually get the axe by default, in this case i really don't see anyone else who deserves majority of the blame

Yep - had the same thought regarding Woodson as I watched the 4th quarter last night. Standing there with his mouth agape probably thinking I better call Larry Brown and hope I can get the Philly job. ;-7

Also, I would think this might propel Joe Johnson out of Atlanta. :-X


Didn't catch but two minutes of the game. If they win the series do you guys still think Woodson and Johnson will leave?
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11486
(Past Year: 794)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby baller crimson » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 pm

silentjim wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:
KalElen wrote:i haven't been able to watch any of the series so far, but to say i'm stunned doesn't even begin to describe it. whatever happens rest of the way, woodson is gone, at this point i'm pretty sure of that. i really don't get all the hype (relatively speaking) around him, around the net. he was given a bad team and he did nothing with it. roster was gradually improved and it showed through the record. he really did nothing to make the team exceed expectations in any of the season he's been around. i even think they underperformed this season, with some terrible losses and while coaches usually get the axe by default, in this case i really don't see anyone else who deserves majority of the blame

Yep - had the same thought regarding Woodson as I watched the 4th quarter last night. Standing there with his mouth agape probably thinking I better call Larry Brown and hope I can get the Philly job. ;-7

Also, I would think this might propel Joe Johnson out of Atlanta. :-X


Didn't catch but two minutes of the game. If they win the series do you guys still think Woodson and Johnson will leave?

I don't think it's really Woodson's choice whether he returns or not. Also, I think Johnson will flirt around with other teams but will ultimately come back to ATL - they can offer him the most money and the most years. Plus, he's in a great situation in being "the man", he has freedom to do whatever he wants there.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6304
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: L-Town

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:52 pm

silentjim wrote:Didn't catch but two minutes of the game. If they win the series do you guys still think Woodson and Johnson will leave?

I think if the Hawks happen to move on but promptly get knocked out by the Magic, they both will likely still go. I really think JJ has a good chance to end up in NY with an outside chance in landing in CHI. Fans don't like Woodson and many say he lucked into staying as long as he has due to that playoff series against BOS.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18235
(Past Year: 708)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby KalElen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:25 pm

i think woodson is gone, unless they win a ring. also i think that some team will throw a lot of money at him and will end up firing him within a year or two. in spite of all the growth and improvement over the years, woodson has very few fans in atlanta and that should tell you something
jj situation is little more complicated. he passed on the extension offer because hawks were offering 4 years and he wanted 5. unlike bosh, wade and lbj, who might even choose to sign another 3+1 deal, jj is looking to get payed now and i'm not even sure that he is worth 5 year max deal, but somebody will be ready to pay him. i still think that he is likely to stay in atlanta if hawks decide to add 5th year to the offer, if not (committing 5 year max offer to a 29 year old player who is among league leaders in mpg over last 5 years isn't easy), we'll likely see s&t. knikcs and heat are only 2 teams i can see getting him and that is providing they get another/resign old superstar
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: Round One: MIL-ATL

Postby cnote23 » Sat May 01, 2010 3:24 am

well game six was pure d-fense slamons and Jennings looked like crap good to see Kurt thomas who came up big in the second half but the hawks need more guards to step up outside of crawford.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4215
(Past Year: 240)
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: From the hillbilly woods of SW Washington


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact