Round Two: SA v. PHX - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round Two: SA v. PHX

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round Two: SA v. PHX

Postby RedHopeful » Sat May 01, 2010 5:44 pm

Has to be the most anticipated matchup of the 2nd round. I can't wait... :-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round Two: SA v. PHX

Postby big.d57 » Mon May 03, 2010 12:14 am

Though I've been rooting the for the Suns every year they faced the Spurs.......I gotta go with spurs in 6.....again
Courtesy of Blamer
big.d57
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 am

Nash off to a fantastic start but I wish they'd get Jrich going (considering their record when he puts up good scoring numbers). As I type this, he's just scored his first 4 points. ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby plonden » Tue May 04, 2010 4:27 am

Yeah, Amare and J-Rich haven't gotten many touches. It's been the Steve Nash Show so far. :-L
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 4:32 am

Ok - let's see how the 2nd unit responds to this somewhat slow start... :-o
RedHopeful

Postby plonden » Tue May 04, 2010 4:43 am

I never understand why Gentry fields a true second unit in a game like this. I get it in the regular season. Why not leave Amare or J-Rich in with four bench players and try to get them going as the offensive focal point? Especially in a game like tonight when both of them are off to a slow start. With SA, you always have at least one of Duncan, Parker or Ginobili on the floor at all times. Just keep one of Nash, Amare or J-Rich on the floor to have a primary offensive focus.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 am

plonden wrote:I never understand why Gentry fields a true second unit in a game like this. I get it in the regular season. Why not leave Amare or J-Rich in with four bench players and try to get them going as the offensive focal point? Especially in a game like tonight when both of them are off to a slow start. With SA, you always have at least one of Duncan, Parker or Ginobili on the floor at all times. Just keep one of Nash, Amare or J-Rich on the floor to have a primary offensive focus.

Agreed but he did go to his main guys quicker (THANK GOD).

I'm loving how tough Amare is playing down low - altered quite a few shots at the rim already. ;-D
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 4:47 am

Please don't be hurt Jrich... :-o

EDIT: Whew, he's fine. How about the defensive stud Grant Hill. :-)
RedHopeful

Postby plonden » Tue May 04, 2010 6:01 am

Grant Hill has been a stud for the whole playoffs despite his pretty weak looking stat line (8.0 points, 8.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists). Proof positive that you can be higher in age but be lower in mileage.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:52 am

Full credit to the Suns for the win here. They could have come out like lambs, but they didn't, and they got great play out of the guys they needed to - Amare got it done on the boards and outplayed Timmy, J-Rich didn't get locked down by Hill, and the Suns bench was very solid on the boards. Nively done. ;-D

I would be very pleased to end up being wrong with my pick of the Spurs in 6.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting