Round Two: SA v. PHX - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round Two: SA v. PHX

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Round Two: SA v. PHX

Postby plonden » Tue May 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Big win for the Suns' collective psyche. Just need three more and we're golden... :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Where do you go from here if you're the Spurs? The big 3 played crazy well but got zero help. :-o

I really hope RoLo can make it back in the near future. Watching Collins out there (especially on the offensive end) is just painful.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby silentjim » Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Yeah, the Suns for once are very deep and I don't think San Antonio has the legs to run with them anymore. I still think it'll be a good series, I just think home court is the kicker in this series.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu May 06, 2010 3:39 am

Excellent game thus far. As expected, Spurs have really tried to take Nash out of the game. Dudley and Amundson have provided some good energy though and ensured the Suns stay close in the first half. Hopefully, Gentry avoids giving Barbosa too many more minutes. Lord he was awful in the 1st half.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:05 am

Another great game from the Suns. They seem to found the a little back-bone against the Spurs this series and they're doing a marvelous job. Dudley and Frye off the bench have been great, and the Spurs haven't been getting nearly enough out of Blair and Dice. Given the up and down game the Suns play I actually expected to see a lot more of Blair, but apparently that's not to be. The Spurs are going to have dig deep for that first home game or the Suns will have them down 3-0 pretty friggin' quick. Plus things only get tougher once RoLo is back.

The Spurs just haven't been able to impose their will on the pace and flow of the game like they have in season's past. Which is a little odd, because they did a great job with that during the season. It's not looking good for the Spurs at all.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm

If you've watched these two teams the last 5 or 10 years, it's apparent by now that things are different. The Suns just look like the better overall team during the regular season and now in the playoffs. They exude a toughness and are now able to stand tall during the last 5 minutes of games than season's past.

However, I'm a little worried about calling it a series. You guys remember what happened a couple of years ago? The Hornets were up 2-0 on the Spurs... :~(
RedHopeful

Postby plonden » Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 pm

RedHopeful wrote:If you've watched these two teams the last 5 or 10 years, it's apparent by now that things are different. The Suns just look like the better overall team during the regular season and now in the playoffs. They exude a toughness and are now able to stand tall during the last 5 minutes of games than season's past.

However, I'm a little worried about calling it a series. You guys remember what happened a couple of years ago? The Hornets were up 2-0 on the Spurs... :~(

+100

It's definitely not over but like I've been telling everyone who will listen this is a different Suns team with greater depth, better defense and mental toughness. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't really nervous but if the Suns can pickup one game in San Antonio I'd feel a lot better coming back to PHX 3-1. But for the next two games, the pressure is on the Spurs big time.

Jared Dudley was the x-factor yesterday and he changed the course of the game in the second quarter. How is that J-Rich and Dudley for Boris Diaw and Raja Bell trade looking now? O:-)
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu May 06, 2010 8:43 pm

I thought that trade was highway robbery for the Suns when they first made it, and nothig about this season has made me change my mind. Dudley as a throw in peice is the sort of oops moment that good franchises don't make. It's been great for the Suns though. ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BurgerGal » Fri May 07, 2010 3:48 am

why on earth is Jarron Collins starts for the Suns? the guy went scoreless an the prevoius two games :-°

good game tho
BurgerGal
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri May 07, 2010 7:30 am

BurgerGal wrote:why on earth is Jarron Collins starts for the Suns? the guy went scoreless an the prevoius two games :-°

good game tho

I'm assuming they have him in aa a low minute starter so that Frye can continue coming in off the bench. That way once Lopez comes back the Suns just slide him into the starting role and Frye is unaffected. Consistency in the rotation is a good thing.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting