Round Two: UTA v. LA - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Round Two: UTA v. LA

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Round Two: UTA v. LA

Postby RedHopeful » Sat May 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Which Jazz team shows up? The one that usually crumbles at the feet of the Lakers or this Deron Williams-beasting version that made nice work of the Nuggets?
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Round Two: UTA v. LA

Postby samo » Mon May 03, 2010 4:32 am

RedHopeful wrote:Which Jazz team shows up?

Game 1 they looked capable of both. Ultimately, I think Utah does not impose its will on the Lakers this series, though they are more than capable of playing at a high enough level/intensity to win the series if the Lakers execute badly or take plays off.
samo
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby silentjim » Mon May 03, 2010 2:03 pm

I could see Utah pushing it to 6 or 7 games, but I don't think they can win. They don't really have an answer for Pau Gasol right now and the injuries to Okur and AK are hitting them hard in this series.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed May 05, 2010 3:36 pm

silentjim wrote:I could see Utah pushing it to 6 or 7 games, but I don't think they can win. They don't really have an answer for Pau Gasol right now and the injuries to Okur and AK are hitting them hard in this series.

So far the first games have been like other prior matchups where the Lakers are just simply too big for them. Too bad Okur and AK are out...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deadshot11 » Wed May 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah, Utah's undersized big men and young slashers are getting gobbled up by the Lakers' interior size. The only thing open to them on offense is the outside shot, and while they're capable of knocking that down, I don't think it's something they can win a series with. And I'd go as far as to say that I only see Utah winning games this series in which they're hot from outside, or the Lakers take a day off mentally.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby BurgerGal » Fri May 07, 2010 4:15 am

odom with more than 10 reb= guarantee W for lakers :-°
BurgerGal
Driveway Dunker
Driveway Dunker

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 09, 2010 4:24 am

So Jazz fans, you demoralized yet? Tonight had to be a discouraging loss. Did Korver even miss a shot (yeah I'm too lazy to look at a boxscore)?

Nice game DFish. Didn't think you had it left in you anymore. Can't wait for PHX-LA!
RedHopeful

Postby Blaster » Sun May 09, 2010 12:21 pm

How many years do you think it will be before a team actually comes back from 0-3 down. I don't think Utah stand a chance, but surely it will happen eventually.
Blaster
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Blaster wrote:How many years do you think it will be before a team actually comes back from 0-3 down. I don't think Utah stand a chance, but surely it will happen eventually.

Considering only 8 teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit, I'd say it'll likely be a very long time. :-°
RedHopeful

Postby deadshot11 » Mon May 10, 2010 5:10 am

Was Red Sox/Yankees the first time it happened in baseball?
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting