Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WCF - PHX - LAL

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

WCF - PHX - LAL

Postby RedHopeful » Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 pm

A ton of experts are thinking Lakers are going to have a cake walk... :-o
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: WCF - PHX - LAL

Postby silentjim » Sat May 15, 2010 3:27 pm

It's funny that you can spin things in a gillion different ways. You can say the Lakers are going to eat up the Suns inside, but you can also say that Suns are going to dominate from the outside and that pulling the defense to Frye will free a ton of things up for the Suns.

I still say Odom is going to be the deciding factor.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby plonden » Sat May 15, 2010 6:36 pm

RedHopeful wrote:A ton of "experts" are thinking Lakers are going to have a cake walk...

Fixed that for you. :-D
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Yilun » Sat May 15, 2010 7:58 pm

I think the analysis for this conference will be pretty simple:

If Suns shoot well in this series, the Lakers will have a long, hard matchup in front of them.

If Suns shoot poorly in this series, Lakers will win in 6 handily (maybe 5).
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 16, 2010 5:18 pm

plonden wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:A ton of "experts" are thinking Lakers are going to have a cake walk...

Fixed that for you. :-D

Haha - very true. ;-D

Bynum's knee is reportedly still giving him problems soooo Odom really is going to have to have a good series. ;-7
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby plonden » Sun May 16, 2010 5:47 pm

I read those Bynum comments too and it sounded like typical Lakers smoke and mirrors (along with P-Jax's Nash comments). It would be a huge advantage for the Suns if Bynum is in fact hobbled during this series.
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby silentjim » Mon May 17, 2010 2:15 pm

plonden wrote:I read those Bynum comments too and it sounded like typical Lakers smoke and mirrors (along with P-Jax's Nash comments). It would be a huge advantage for the Suns if Bynum is in fact hobbled during this series.

Yeah, who does Phil think Nash is that he can get under his skin with catty comments? Durant? :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 18, 2010 3:47 am

So far this game (84-72 in the 3rd) seems scripted. The players especially for the Suns just seem to be lacking that fire we've seen up to this point in the playoffs. It has been sooo evident on the defensive end. As I finish my sentences, Lakers are now up 17. :-o
RedHopeful

Postby Fenris-77 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:58 am

That was probably not the effort that Phoenix was hoping for in game one here. If they'd managed to contain Odom at all they would have stood a better chance, even just keeping Odom off the offensive glass would probably have kept the game a lot closer. Gasol killed them offensively too, but the Suns at least managed to keep him off the boards. Plus Hill, Frye, Amundson and Dudley won't be quite that ice cold every game either. If the Suns keep Odom relatively contained and those 4 guys shoot even .333 then the game is pretty much a cain toss, so I think the SUns will at the very least have a great diea where they need to go for game 2.

It's not like we expected the Lakers to just roll over or anything. I didn't mention Kobe because really there's not a lot you can do about Kobe other than bother him a little and dare him to win games on his own. If the Suns can do a better job taking away his help and can be a little more assertive on the glass then they should win some games.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue May 18, 2010 2:32 pm

Man Kobe looked good and fresh. I think a lot of fans have already forgotten how good he is when he is healthy (thanks to all this Lebron talk). :*)
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting