WCF - PHX - LAL - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

WCF - PHX - LAL

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: WCF - PHX - LAL

Postby cnote23 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 am

RedHopeful wrote:Frye finally made a shot! The Suns bench is doing it again! If the Suns can maintain a steady energy throughout the game, it'll be a series boys. ;-D

he did a little more then that anyway it's about time he woke up
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dula14 » Wed May 26, 2010 9:45 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Anyone shocked that the Suns pretty simple zone has taken them entirely out of their game? Tell me again why so many coachless teams are interested in Phil Jackson? :-D

Wouldn't go so far as to say the zone has taken the Lakers "entirely out of their game" , but it has definitely had an impact (forcing more 3s to be exact). The Lakers still put up 109 and 106 respectively while shooting about 50% in both games in Phoenix. Their biggest problem was defense - 116.5 ppg won't get it done!
dula14
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby RedHopeful » Thu May 27, 2010 3:39 am

dula14 wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:Anyone shocked that the Suns pretty simple zone has taken them entirely out of their game? Tell me again why so many coachless teams are interested in Phil Jackson? :-D

Wouldn't go so far as to say the zone has taken the Lakers "entirely out of their game" , but it has definitely had an impact (forcing more 3s to be exact). The Lakers still put up 109 and 106 respectively while shooting about 50% in both games in Phoenix. Their biggest problem was defense - 116.5 ppg won't get it done!

The triangle is predicated on reading the defense and making the right cuts and taking advantage of the right mismatches. When a team sits in a zone, you're stuck out on the perimeter (especially if you don't have a typical PG). Gasol was invisible and Bynum only scored on a few putbacks. Considering the Lakers length, I'd say it really did take them out of their game. The main reason the Lakers weren't killed (especially last game) was thanks to Mr. Bryant. Kobe has been absolutely on fire quite a few times. IMO he's scoring better while at an efficient clip than he has in years.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby silentjim » Thu May 27, 2010 4:12 pm

A vast majority of people do believe the zone is the best defense against the triangle offense (myself included). However, here's a cool video demonstrating a nice break down of a zone in the triangle offense to give a different opinion on the matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11d5mbWEi84
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby baller crimson » Fri May 28, 2010 4:51 am

What a sick finish to a great game. Jason Richardson's three to tie was nice as well.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri May 28, 2010 3:32 pm

Steve Nash finally played like a badass but it just wasn't enough. If only the Suns had either been a little more efficient from 3 or the FT line. ;-7 :,-(
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby baller crimson » Sun May 30, 2010 12:25 am

How many for Phoenix extending tonight? And how many for Lakers closing it out?

My head tells me Lakers, but my heart says Phoenix... O:-)
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 30, 2010 1:13 am

I say PHX wins tonight. O:-)
RedHopeful

Postby RedHopeful » Sun May 30, 2010 4:02 am

COME ON FELLAS!!! Down 5 in the 4th when it looked OVER. Dragic is something no? Trade that Nash clown away already. :-b

Going into this last timeout, how about Amare flat out diving for the ball on an errand Barbosa pass. This dude is playing with fantastic heart. *IF* PHX can get him to agree to bring it more during the regular season, they just ABSOLUTELY have to re-sign him.
RedHopeful

Postby cnote23 » Mon May 31, 2010 8:30 am

Sorry PLonden for the loss to the Suns I know you must be down man. :-/ You want me to call some hookers and send them to your house? ;-D that should cheer ya up.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting