Finals: BOS-LAL - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Finals: BOS-LAL

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

Re: Finals: BOS-LAL

Postby Chilli Pepper » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:07 am

As a fan of neither teams I just hope we get a game 7. The series hasn't really gone anything like what I expected, I honestly though the Celtics would be a little burnt out with some of the teams they've had to play and the age of their players but they sure have lifted and I've enjoyed the games.

Never been a fan of Rajon with regards to fantasy but I sure am enjoying watching him play in the finals. His hustle is matched by no one.

Good luck to any Lakers and Celtics fans in tomorrows game.
Chilli Pepper
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby KalElen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am

my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Yilun » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:28 am

love the way the lakers bench came out today and hustled/dove for every loose ball.

newsflash for Rondo: shoot 100,000 mid-range jumpers this offseason. if not, you will never become an elite nba point guard. the lakers are basically giving him about 15 feet of space on every half court possession. the guy cannot hit a jumpshot if his life depended on it. this is where rondo has to earn his money, starting this summer.
*rocking the new blamer sig*
Yilun
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Location: The confines of reality are too grand for my imaginative capacity

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Yilun wrote:love the way the lakers bench came out today and hustled/dove for every loose ball.

newsflash for Rondo: shoot 100,000 mid-range jumpers this offseason. if not, you will never become an elite nba point guard. the lakers are basically giving him about 15 feet of space on every half court possession. the guy cannot hit a jumpshot if his life depended on it. this is where rondo has to earn his money, starting this summer.

Reading about Rajon's work ethic during the offseason in the past, I'm really confident he will.

Will be interesting to see if Perkins can play in Game 7...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby deadshot11 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Normally I don't like the Kobe plays 10 feet off Rondo. I didn't like it in 2008, and think that's partially why the Lakers lost. I haven't liked in now in 2010. It seemed to work last night, but there's been other times in this series when it's allowed BOS to be too efficient on offense. I like the Lakers defense better when Shannon Brown or Jordan Farmar plays him straight up. With Kobe playing so far off, Kobe basically has to be a great help defender, and he's made too many defensive mistakes this series.
deadshot11
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 27)

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:26 pm

deadshot11 wrote:Normally I don't like the Kobe plays 10 feet off Rondo. I didn't like it in 2008, and think that's partially why the Lakers lost. I haven't liked in now in 2010. It seemed to work last night, but there's been other times in this series when it's allowed BOS to be too efficient on offense. I like the Lakers defense better when Shannon Brown or Jordan Farmar plays him straight up. With Kobe playing so far off, Kobe basically has to be a great help defender, and he's made too many defensive mistakes this series.

Completely agree. What I felt that really screwed up Rondo the last game was how much the Lakers showed defensively on him on his first touch. Whether he was getting a defensive board or receiving an outlet pass, it seemed their was a Laker there more times than not. Hopefully they'll continue to fuss him in Game 7 and prevent the Celtics from getting out and getting open looks...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:29 am

Ouch Kendrick. :-o
RedHopeful

Postby Chilli Pepper » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:10 am

Definitely OUCH! Can't see the Celtics getting game 7 in LA without one of their best defensive players.
Chilli Pepper
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby cnote23 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:56 am

I dont like they are playing 6 and 7 in La to me it gives the team with home advantage to much advantage.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby KalElen » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am

cnote23 wrote:I dont like they are playing 6 and 7 in La to me it gives the team with home advantage to much advantage.

also it's not fair for lower seed to have to win 3 in a row just to defend home court
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting