LeBron, and it's DONE. - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

LeBron, and it's DONE.

Moderator: Basketball Moderators

LeBron, and it's DONE.

Postby RobitusinZ » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 am

It's done, homies. It's done. We will now be talking about the Miami Heat until our fingernails bleed.

Yes, baby. YES. So many years...so much faith...so much belief...

OH...and OMG...if I can take this moment to gloat for a moment...

Anybody remember that crazy big "real NBA" mock draft that we had? Back in 07, maybe? Who'd I draft for my Heat? Chris Bosh. Chris "Yeah, I'm a big lizard, and WHAT?" Bosh. Why? I gave plenty of reasons. Chris Bosh will FLOURISH in this market. WATCH! Hell, dude already shaved his head and came out on Wilbon's interview lookin' like a model.

Bahahahahahahaha...I'm so happy my head is going to explode!

I can't wait to so thoroughly enjoy fantasy basketball with you guys next season.

That is all.

I'm welcoming bandwagon fans...we have plenty of fairweathers down here at the MIA, so it's all good. Just respect the OG Fans.

One more thing...of COURSE this was the best spot for Wade, Bosh and James to do this crazy thing. It's a NEUTRAL LARGE MARKET CITY!!! There's no HISTORY in Miami!!! Their jersies will be the first to hang up in our rafters that will be of any true merit (much love for Hardaway and Zo, those are my godfathers of basketball for life, but dynasty there was not). Why go to Chicago and live under Michael Jordan's shadow? Why New York, with the history they've had there? Same with Boston and LA...Kobe's had to work HAAAAAARD to carve out his niche in that ridiculously huge Lakers wall of fame! The dude's won ***5*** rings, and people STILL want to argue that LBJ is better than him!!! Think of that!!! What kind of a legacy that is to live up to!

Miami's just ripe for the picking. There's no other basketball here. This was the perfect spot to drop the nuclear bomb of basketball. We'll absorb it, eat it up, and just make it explode. Global brands? Please. THIS is where global brands come to be made!

In the words of DJ Khaled....WE THE BEST!!!
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: LeBron, and it's DONE.

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:28 am

LOL - just got done commenting about you in the Leftovers forum. :-B

Congratz man, must be a good feeling having 3 studs just sign up and play for your hometown team. ;-D

Just remember the rest of us are gonna be looking to obliterate, humiliate and flat out embarrass the Miami Olympians at every failure (hopefully there are some). }:-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby RobitusinZ » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:01 pm

RedHopeful wrote:LOL - just got done commenting about you in the Leftovers forum. :-B

Congratz man, must be a good feeling having 3 studs just sign up and play for your hometown team. ;-D

Just remember the rest of us are gonna be looking to obliterate, humiliate and flat out embarrass the Miami Olympians at every failure (hopefully there are some). }:-)

LOL, damn, I ran by the Leftovers board and now I'm sad. Didn't realize there was so much hate...

I've got a sober view of my team at the moment...there are still 8 (at least) roster spots to fill with min. money guys. That still needs to shake out, and I have no idea where Beasley fits into it all.
thanks for the sig, soty!

"It takes more than mathematical strategies to beat me." - Shaquille "The Big Aristotle" O'Neal
RobitusinZ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:01 pm

RobitusinZ wrote:I've got a sober view of my team at the moment...there are still 8 (at least) roster spots to fill with min. money guys. That still needs to shake out, and I have no idea where Beasley fits into it all.

Apparently he doesn't fit in. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby geodbear » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:03 pm

I don't think there is much hate... dislike for Lebron yes, and certainly skepticism about filling the rest of the lineup. I think the Heat will be fine for the regular season, but without adequate support in the middle, playoffs would be a problem. Don't have to worry about Beasley anymore and as I posted elsewhere, I think the Miller signing is a good one. Still, 7 more positions to fill. I'm guessing the three 2nd rounders (Butler, Varnado, and Pittman) have 3 of those spotes. Pittman at 300+ lb will at least be a body. Varnado is an undersized PF but a shot blocking machine. It sounds like Joel Anthony will be re-signed. So a starting line up of Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Anthony. Miller is 6th man and 2nd round backups Varnado and Pittman (Butler will spend the year recovering so while he takes a roster spot, he won't be contributing). They'll need to bring in PG (maybe Arroyo), another C, and a couple of wings.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby silentjim » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:07 pm

geodbear wrote:I don't think there is much hate... dislike for Lebron yes, and certainly skepticism about filling the rest of the lineup. I think the Heat will be fine for the regular season, but without adequate support in the middle, playoffs would be a problem. Don't have to worry about Beasley anymore and as I posted elsewhere, I think the Miller signing is a good one. Still, 7 more positions to fill. I'm guessing the three 2nd rounders (Butler, Varnado, and Pittman) have 3 of those spotes. Pittman at 300+ lb will at least be a body. Varnado is an undersized PF but a shot blocking machine. It sounds like Joel Anthony will be re-signed. So a starting line up of Chalmers, Wade, Lebron, Bosh, and Anthony. Miller is 6th man and 2nd round backups Varnado and Pittman (Butler will spend the year recovering so while he takes a roster spot, he won't be contributing). They'll need to bring in PG (maybe Arroyo), another C, and a couple of wings.

I actually don't like the Miller signing. He's a good player coming under market value, but overall his style of play is the least needed on this team right now.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby KalElen » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

i have mixed feelings about this one. miller is a great shooter and that is miami's no. 1 need at this moment along with a capable defender in the paint, preferably at the c position, but miller can be so much more for another team - he is a good ball-handler and playmaker for his position. ina mia, he will be used primarily as a spot up shooter and will rarely have the ball in his hands. i can't say this is a bad signing, but i would have preferred to see that mle split between 2 players who will be a little one dimensional, but not underutilized
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm not a fan of the Miller signing either for two reasons. One, the Heat's biggest need is size and it is more expensive in this league to fill up your roster with quality bigs. Just look at how much money Gooden, Milicic and Amir J have garnered so far. Two, Miller has shown in his last two stops he isn't that comfortable just hoisting up shots. Both in MINN and WASH, they had real needs for guys to put it in hole - heck just take legitimate shots. However, Miller averaged under 8 attempts at both stops? Now I'm sure he knows the Heat want him for his perimeter shooting, he'll get pushed by his teammates and he'll have a ton more open looks, but I can't help but think the Heat should have explored a much cheaper option to fill these shoes...
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FireBaller » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 am

Well this confirms that Lebron is not wired like MJ, Magic, or even Kobe.

This move hurts his legacy. Wade will always have 1 more ring than him. I don't mind the move but I thought Lebron was more of a competitor.

Worst is the manner in which all of this transpired.
KobeShow08
FireBaller
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 37)

Postby RedHopeful » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:29 pm

RobitusinZ - you are more than welcome to jump off the Heat bandwagon and fetch a ride with the Hornets. ;-)
RedHopeful

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting