Year 6 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

Re: 2009-2010 Round #10

Postby baller crimson » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 am

10.12 Earl Clark (SF/PF, PHO)
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2009-2010 Draft Commentary

Postby silentjim » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:04 pm

19 Days. Great job guys. ;-D That's over 6 picks a day, which is a great average IMO. I'll send everything else out when Yahoo is up and running.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby geodbear » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:51 am

Nice draft gents. Some initial glances. Teams with the top keepers (ggs, bleedtoblack, and bokzg) remain the favorites to stay on top. ggs's five keepers (Durant, Murphy, Garnett, Kidd, Billups) could arguably finish in the top 20, though aging with KG, Kidd, and Billups. bleedtoblack has two of the top six players (Paul and Kobe) to go along with JJ, Horford, and Bargs. bokzg's five keepers (Lebron, Allen, DWill, Nene, David West) could all finish in the top 30. And they all had nice drafts. Baller went with the all potential team, drafting 3 rookis (Flynn, Jennings, Clark) along with some young potentials (Louis Williams, Jason Thompson, Roy Hibbert). The 'you'll shoot your eye out' award goes to the thrill for putting Granger, KevMart, Nash, Baron, Okur, Harrington, Artest, and Mike Miller on the same team. Yilun looks to win rebs, blocks, and fg% each week with Howard, Okafor, Shaq, Bynum, and Josh Smith anchoring his team.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby baller crimson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 am

geodbear wrote:Nice draft gents. Some initial glances. Teams with the top keepers (ggs, bleedtoblack, and bokzg) remain the favorites to stay on top. ggs's five keepers (Durant, Murphy, Garnett, Kidd, Billups) could arguably finish in the top 20, though aging with KG, Kidd, and Billups. bleedtoblack has two of the top six players (Paul and Kobe) to go along with JJ, Horford, and Bargs. bokzg's five keepers (Lebron, Allen, DWill, Nene, David West) could all finish in the top 30. And they all had nice drafts. Baller went with the all potential team, drafting 3 rookis (Flynn, Jennings, Clark) along with some young potentials (Louis Williams, Jason Thompson, Roy Hibbert). The 'you'll shoot your eye out' award goes to the thrill for putting Granger, KevMart, Nash, Baron, Okur, Harrington, Artest, and Mike Miller on the same team. Yilun looks to win rebs, blocks, and fg% each week with Howard, Okafor, Shaq, Bynum, and Josh Smith anchoring his team.

Nice and brief recap. For my team, I first need Gilbert and Al Jeff to come back strong. Then one or two of those young guys needs to step up.
baller crimson
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Nene » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:00 am

I'm just hoping I finally make the playoffs in this league. That would constitute a successful season for Nene's Tankers. I think I did err in picking Curry after considering Nelson's reluctance to play rookies and the crowded GS backcourt situation. But other than that I was happy with my draft. I'll probably end up dropping Curry if he doesn't start seeing regular time before the middle to end of November.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby geodbear » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:00 am

Nene wrote:I'm just hoping I finally make the playoffs in this league. That would constitute a successful season for Nene's Tankers. I think I did err in picking Curry after considering Nelson's reluctance to play rookies and the crowded GS backcourt situation. But other than that I was happy with my draft. I'll probably end up dropping Curry if he doesn't start seeing regular time before the middle to end of November.

I think if Curry shows he can play early on, then Nelson won't be reluctant. You have to go back 15-20 years, but Nelson started as rookies Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, Billy Owens, Chris Webber, and Latrell Sprewell, and gave plenty of minutes to Sarunus Marcialonus (butchered his spelling I'm sure). Since then, he didn't have anyone good in NY; in Dallas, he had Dirk and didn't start him and gave limited minutes but Dirk was just 19 coming from Germany during the lockout year. But, he did give significant minutes to Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels during their rookie seasons. For Nelson's current run at GS, Belinelli, Wright, and Randolph just weren't ready to get minutes to start either for attitude or injury.
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey - where's my write-up? ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby Nene » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 am

There are two people that still aren't signed up.
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby geodbear » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:56 am

Nene wrote:There are two people that still aren't signed up.

I was one of the last two and I signed up this morning after getting jim's reminder PM.
geodbear

Postby plonden » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:58 am

We can make moves as soon as the rosters are up, correct?

Does Nene have someone in mind that is floating on the waiver wire? :-b
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper