Year 6 Info Here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Bonanza Keeper

Year 6 Info Here

Moderators: geodbear, RedHopeful, silentjim

Re: 2009-2010 Draft Commentary

Postby Fenris-77 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:51 pm

How much work does the guy really have to do when he starts with two top 5 players? Unless one of them was injured for a long stretch of the season and the guy's still in first. Oh wait... :-D

I can't really see all that well looking so far up the standings, but it looks from down here like BtBs doing a fine job.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Keeping this alive as I've noticed some of the other forums have disappeared...
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 792)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 am

We wouldn't want our forum to disappear. :-C In the interests of forum activity then, let me just re-iterate - my team sucks putrid monkey balls. My team sucks so much that it has it's own gravity and even light has trouble escaping the pull of the immense suckage. A singularity of suckage if you will. :-P

On the upside, I've decided to probably keep both Oden and Griffin and call my team next year the Kneecappers. A clever team name sounds like a moral victory at this point. :-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:05 am

Fenris-77 wrote:We wouldn't want our forum to disappear. :-C In the interests of forum activity then, let me just re-iterate - my team sucks putrid monkey balls. My team sucks so much that it has it's own gravity and even light has trouble escaping the pull of the immense suckage. A singularity of suckage if you will. :-P

On the upside, I've decided to probably keep both Oden and Griffin and call my team next year the Kneecappers. A clever team name sounds like a moral victory at this point. :-D

:-D ;-)

In keeping with the Order of the Delicate Flower - Knackered Kneecappers! ;-D
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 706)

Postby geodbear » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:41 am

I guess this is sort of state of my team/league post.

So sometimes it pays off to trade away good keeper quality players for 1. When I traded basically Roy, Ellis, and Stoudemire for Durant, I was really looking for next year. I had a lot of talent on my roster but the pieces weren't fitting and was 14 games under .500. Now I'm 7 games under .500 but within a game of Jim for the 6th seed. It looks to be a three-way battle for that 6th seed with Yilun also in the mix. Of course, my team was fortunate to have Blatche prior to the Washington trades. On the other hand, after losing to my team during the week of the trade, ggs has put together a very nice win streak, going a very impressive 30-14-1, so maybe making the trade wasn't the best for my team.

My focus now is to get a win against Nene this week. Have to give him kudos for drafting Curry in the 5th. I really thought the Golden State situation was going to work against him this year, but the kid has been outstanding, though I did get the 2nd best rookie in Evans. I think both Nene and ggs have a good shot during the playoffs, even though bleedtheblack has a substantial lead. A lot will depend on how Paul comes back to finish out the season as bleedtoblack has remained well in first without him.

Back to my team, I might have a really good future keeper core if I stick with Durant, Evans, Blatche, Gallinari, and A. Randolph (homer pick). Not really sure what I'll do when that time comes. as I could always trade a young'un for a vet. (Note to Fenris: I'm thinking about it but leaning towards not accepting that trade offer.) By the way, trade deadline coming up folks.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 278)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Down to a battle between bokzg and myself!

Just keeping the forum alive too. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Thrill » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:20 pm

I said it on the Yahoo site, but I'll say it here too. Congrats Red! ;-D
The Thrill
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby plonden » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:36 pm

The Thrill wrote:I said it on the Yahoo site, but I'll say it here too. Congrats Red! ;-D

+1 -- Congrats, Red! Well done.

Also, do we need to post final rosters somewhere on the forum so we don't lose them for next season?
plonden
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Fenris-77 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 pm

plonden wrote:Also, do we need to post final rosters somewhere on the forum so we don't lose them for next season?

That's probably a good idea.

And yeah, very nice work Red. Congrats! ;-D
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:55 am

plonden wrote:
The Thrill wrote:I said it on the Yahoo site, but I'll say it here too. Congrats Red! ;-D

+1 -- Congrats, Red! Well done.

Also, do we need to post final rosters somewhere on the forum so we don't lose them for next season?

Thanks fellas. My team happened to be more productive than both bleedtheblack and bokzg at the right time. :-°

As far as final rosters, I think it's fine. You can always look back on your yahoo fantasy profile page to see this league.
RedHopeful

PreviousNext

Return to Bonanza Keeper