*The RULES* - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle II

*The RULES*

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

*The RULES*

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:38 am

Welcome to the second Fantasy Basketball Cafe Reshuffle. Drawing inspiration from its predecessor at the Football Cafe, the Reshuffle seeks to generate discussion about real life player value that is often conspicuously absent here at the fantasy-minded Cafe. The premise is simple: All players affiliated with an NBA team (on the roster, playing for their D-League affiliate, injured, etc.) as well as any current NBDL'ers, are thrown into a pool, and Cafe members, each representing an NBA franchise (which franchise you represent is immaterial apart from personal preferences) will hold a snake draft to redistribute their rights. Managers draft in an attempt to compile the team that would be most competitive in real life. As this is a theoretical realignment of franchises, make sure you draft not only for short term value, but to ensure long term success as well. In other words, this is similar to a "dynasty" league in fantasy basketball.

FAQ:

When does this thing start?

July 23, 2010 (Friday), Noon EST.

What is the time limit allotted for each pick?

12 hours, although all participating members should make a serious effort to pick faster than that. You don't have to check in frequently when you're not close to coming up, but when you are close, you need to either check in a couple times a day, or PM A LIST OF PICKS TO THE MODERATORS! If you have the time to make one, feel free to send me and the other mods a more comprehensive list; we promise not to steal any of your ideas. After you pick, you must send a PM to the next person in line.

What happens if I exceed my time limit?

The person drafting after you is on the clock, and you may make up your pick at any time. If you have not made it up by the end of that round, the available player will be chosen by the moderators based on a variety of factors including statistics such as Win Shares, PER, etc, fit and scarcity. Yes, it's an inexact measure of player value, but that's all the more reason for you to pay attention and make your picks. :-)

How is draft order determined?

Fantasy Sports Factory will provide a random order for the teams to pick in for round one. Round 2 will be the reverse of Round 1, etc. (standard snake draft).

Is trading picks allowed?

No.

Who's running this thing?

Plonden, Silentjim and myself (Redhopeful)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 641)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to FBC Reshuffle II