Draft Discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Reshuffle II

Draft Discussion

Moderators: silentjim, RedHopeful, mbuser, jphanned

Draft Discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:42 am

Since there's nothing to actually play out, this whole exercise is about the discussion so post all comments in this thread.

A couple of things:

1) Do not mention players who have not yet been selected!

2) Keep all your rosters up to date!

3) Have fun and work on your boasting skills!
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 676)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby geodbear » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:13 am

Great. I got the #2 pick. If kal wants to get this started early, I'm ready to go.
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:29 pm

geodbear wrote:Great. I got the #2 pick. If kal wants to get this started early, I'm ready to go.

Yeah - by all means, we can get started now. Clock won't start ticking though until tomorrow noon. ;-)
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KalElen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:50 pm

so i get the top pick in a league that won't be played out. it's a bitter-sweet victory :-D

easy choice for me, kd is already best scorer in the league, high character guy, still has plenty of room for improvement and is the youngest superstar in the league. only one other player was seriously considered, but in the end kd is the guy i'd love to build my franchise around
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby KalElen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:00 pm

can i trade all of my remaining picks to jim for his #3 and then fill out my roster with min guys :-b ?
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby geodbear » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Talent-wise had to go wtih Lebron. I know I won't surround him with any super friends but get a stronger supporting cast than what he had in Cleveland. I admit things about the "decision" bother me, but he's one of the best, will draw in the fans, and when free agency rolls around in the Reshuffle, all his pals will come to the Bay Area.

On an aside, I was looking for Lebron images and came across this...

Yeah...
Yes, Warriors sold at last!
geodbear

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 245)

Postby silentjim » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Yeah, pretty excited to not have to make a decision on Lebron as well. Had the exact same thoughts on Lebron as geodbear when I saw I was picking third. Figured one of Durant, James, and Paul would be available and sure enough they were.

I'm not really sure I can argue with anyone over KD at this point. Too young and too talented. Was thinking about a few other guys at three, but in reality it would be dumb to select anyone other than Paul.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 633)

Postby KalElen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

i'm not surprised to see lbj selection, though i'd pass on him at #2, but cp3 is a little surprising. he is a top 10 player, no doubt about it, but i wouldn't put him in top 3. kobe is in the top 3, but with several significantly younger superstars i think that he went little sooner then i'd like
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Looks like Dvauthrin went with proven experience in Kobe Bryant. :-)

Guys, I know we haven't had a draft in awhile but remember to stick to the format. O:-) ;-)
RedHopeful

Postby KalElen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Looks like Dvauthrin went with proven experience in Kobe Bryant. :-)

Guys, I know we haven't had a draft in awhile but remember to stick to the format. O:-) ;-)

sry red O:-)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to FBC Reshuffle II