Darko milicic
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2009 - 2010 Draft Discussion

Postby saldogg » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:07 am

now that all rosters are filled, anyone care to do some kind of projection? top teams? strengths/weaknesses for each team? yao is on the block for anyone looking for a keeper and will be until i move him lol great draft again all
saldogg
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:53 am

saldogg wrote:now that all rosters are filled, anyone care to do some kind of projection? top teams? strengths/weaknesses for each team? yao is on the block for anyone looking for a keeper and will be until i move him lol great draft again all

I see Saldogg and Jasonuoft fighting it out currently for the top spot with Nene/Mimicker fighting it out for 3rd. Tyrants team will be scary if Brand and Arenas can return to their old forms, if not, Tyrants team seems to just be middle of the pack quality. CavemanDoctor and myself have picked players that we believe will take the next step in their careers. My team more so... I am really hoping that either Villanueva, Gordon, or Bargnani can all crack the top 50 this season so I can feel a little better about my keeper core.

The two weakest teams IMO are EvoVIII and Baller7037. I think Baller's trades caused him to lose too much value in the draft due to the picks he needed to trade away in order to upgrade his keeper core, and unless his last round picks some how pans out, I just don't see him competing this season. EvoVIII's team has some glaring deficiencies that I think he will address through trades, and like Saldogg, I am very open to offers and trading as everyone should know by now.

BTW, Still looking to upgrade my ft% mainly as well as other stats. Send offers... will consider all.

Good luck all.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 169)

Postby Nene » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm

Let's get that last person signed up so the rosters can be put in??!
Nene Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 am

Nene wrote:Let's get that last person signed up so the rosters can be put in??!

Wish I knew who that last person was. Really hoping that we have an active league. BTW, no one else has any thoughts on the top teams and bottom teams. lets start the discussion so we can revisit it at the end of the season.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby baller7037 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 am

I disagree my team is bottom 3. my team is pretty solid in free throw %, fg % and assists. In fact I might actually lead the league in free throw % be top 3 in assists and be middle of the pact in all the other categories. If millsap gets starting gig my team will be set on fg % and blocks. I don't know how lilstinks team is better then mine except for maybe steals, but he will definetly lead the league in turn overs with cp3 dwight howard and kevin martin. since we are speculating on performance of players like villuneuva imo barbosa, millsap, brook lopez, nash (returns to nash of old) and OJ mayo pan out and make my team great. there is no indication al jefferson will not do what he did prior to getting injured unless he is still not healthy and devin harris will still be great with just more turn overs and less fg% since vince carter is gone. I am putting my teams success on brook lopez making the jump to all star this year, nash being the old nash in the run and gun system and millsap getting more playing time this season, if they do that my team will not be bottom 3.
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby baller7037 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:55 am

when I compared my starting players to lilstink on basketball monster, my team trails lilstink in rebounds(0.5) blocks (0.2) and fg% (0.3). my team is better in pts(0.2) 3's(0.2) assists(0.2) and ft% (5.0).

my team is better in 4 categories to his 3. If my team is bottom 3 then lilstinks team should be down there as well
baller7037
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 pm

baller7037 wrote:I disagree my team is bottom 3. my team is pretty solid in free throw %, fg % and assists. In fact I might actually lead the league in free throw % be top 3 in assists and be middle of the pact in all the other categories. If millsap gets starting gig my team will be set on fg % and blocks. I don't know how lilstinks team is better then mine except for maybe steals, but he will definetly lead the league in turn overs with cp3 dwight howard and kevin martin. since we are speculating on performance of players like villuneuva imo barbosa, millsap, brook lopez, nash (returns to nash of old) and OJ mayo pan out and make my team great. there is no indication al jefferson will not do what he did prior to getting injured unless he is still not healthy and devin harris will still be great with just more turn overs and less fg% since vince carter is gone. I am putting my teams success on brook lopez making the jump to all star this year, nash being the old nash in the run and gun system and millsap getting more playing time this season, if they do that my team will not be bottom 3.

I understand the idea that we all expect the players we draft to make that jump we all hope for in the upcoming season, however, from the way our draft panned out, I felt as though you ended up losing a lot of value in the players you could have drafted in the picks you gave away. I do not feel like the jump you expect in regards to the players you got out of the trade will equate to the value you loss. Millsap still has Boozer playing ahead of him and no one has any idea if or when Boozer will be moved. I like Brooke Lopez, but I am jsut not as high on him as everyone else seems to be. Great player, but I am not expecting as high a jump as you are. I think Nash was a great trade for I see his numbers improving from last season. I guess we will jsut have to wait and see how this pans out. I will remember to come back at the end of the season and either say, "I told you so or I guess you were right baller."
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Lilstinkylynx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:51 pm

baller7037 wrote:when I compared my starting players to lilstink on basketball monster, my team trails lilstink in rebounds(0.5) blocks (0.2) and fg% (0.3). my team is better in pts(0.2) 3's(0.2) assists(0.2) and ft% (5.0).

my team is better in 4 categories to his 3. If my team is bottom 3 then lilstinks team should be down there as well

BTW, never mentioned my team being elite. Jsut made a comparison to Cave's team and our drafting players with high hopes for them.

Care to throw your thoughts out there about which teams you feel are elite and which teams you feel like still need some work.
Lilstinkylynx
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Heroes Keeper