Discussion Board - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010

Discussion Board

Moderator: CurryPork

Re: Discussion Board

Postby CurryPork » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:46 am

We have 11 players signed up. We're missing UCLA who hasn't replied yet. As soon as he shows up, I'd like to start the offline draft.

I'm going to give him a few more days... If he doesn't show up, then we'll need to find a replacement manager. You know of anyone interested?
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 90)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby CurryPork » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 pm

I have not heard back from UCLA... We need to find one replacement. Anyone interested?
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby CurryPork » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:42 am

League is full. Let the draft begin
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby KFC DoubleDown » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:57 pm

Pork, can you add players to the team roster after they are picked? that way we can use the players list on the Yahoo site to see who is still available
KFC DoubleDown
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby CurryPork » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:52 pm

KFC DoubleDown wrote:Pork, can you add players to the team roster after they are picked? that way we can use the players list on the Yahoo site to see who is still available

No problem. I will be out for a week during this draft though and I'll have very limited internet access... so if anyone wants to volunteer to help with this task let me know. Maybe I'll need to assign co-commish in yahoo? I'll need to check.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby CurryPork » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Well, I was hoping for a better pace than this. But officially the draft doesn't begin until today at 12:00 PM eastern.

What we never established is if the 1st pick must be made right at that time or is that when the 24 hour clock starts. By going with the 'real' life rules like the NFL or NBA draft... that's the time when the clock starts. So I suppose Walking Dead has until tomorrow at noon to make his selection or the next manager in line (Wildcat) can take over the #2 pick.

This is awkward. I think we know who the concensus top 2 picks are. I can bend the rules and pick Lebron for the Walking Dead to keep the draft moving. But this wouldn't be fair to Wildcat. Any thoughts?
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby puckkeith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Sign me up Pork Chop. I can help out while you are out of town.

Kp

CurryPork wrote:
KFC DoubleDown wrote:Pork, can you add players to the team roster after they are picked? that way we can use the players list on the Yahoo site to see who is still available

No problem. I will be out for a week during this draft though and I'll have very limited internet access... so if anyone wants to volunteer to help with this task let me know. Maybe I'll need to assign co-commish in yahoo? I'll need to check.
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 36)

Postby puckkeith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 pm

I wasnt sure if I should post my pick or wait until start time. I think we need to wait until Walking Deads time is up, then if he has not picked, I think we pick the highest ranked player available for him. Just my 2 cents.

I think we were all hoping for a better pace then this.

I will shoot out another email to him.

Kp

CurryPork wrote:Well, I was hoping for a better pace than this. But officially the draft doesn't begin until today at 12:00 PM eastern.

What we never established is if the 1st pick must be made right at that time or is that when the 24 hour clock starts. By going with the 'real' life rules like the NFL or NBA draft... that's the time when the clock starts. So I suppose Walking Dead has until tomorrow at noon to make his selection or the next manager in line (Wildcat) can take over the #2 pick.

This is awkward. I think we know who the concensus top 2 picks are. I can bend the rules and pick Lebron for the Walking Dead to keep the draft moving. But this wouldn't be fair to Wildcat. Any thoughts?
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby wildcat1962 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:47 pm

This is an awkward situation as his 24 hrs have lapsed. But due to the confusion I'll go along with whatever you guys think. It's obvious who the top 2 picks are in my mind. We are all going to have to pick up the pace or we will never get this done. There shouldn't be this much confusion this early in the draft. As I've told Puck I'm limited on when I can access this site or the league page due to work internet restrictions. I will however check it when at all possible. Please post how you want to proceed & when I should make my pick. I'll check back shortly.
wildcat1962
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)

Postby puckkeith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 pm

We need to give Kobeshow 24 hours from start of draft. Draft started today at 12pm, so he offically has until tomorrow at 12:01.
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010