Discussion Board - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010

Discussion Board

Moderator: CurryPork

Re: Discussion Board

Postby wildcat1962 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Curry, as Puck suggested and if you agree. I'll check on here tommorrow shortly after noon (Eastern) and make my pick. That should erase all doubt about start times. I'm all for keeping this thing moving, but want to give Kobeshow a chance.
wildcat1962
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am

we did start the draft relatively fast after opening up the league, perhaps Walking Dead thinks we'll be drafting later and has forgotten/been unable to check up on the league?

I don't think it's a big deal if we wait until noon tomorrow. Hopefully he'll wander into the yahoo league or in here before then and make his pick before Wildcat is up.
Amazing Oopah
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby houstonc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

Ugh, awkward situation for sure - you don't want to screw with someone's first round pick, but it's also pretty clear who that player is going to be :D If we end up giving Kobeshow some extra time just for the first round, I will not object. But hopefully we find a draft rhythm soon or it will take until opening night to get this done.
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 39)

Postby CurryPork » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:57 pm

houstonc wrote:Ugh, awkward situation for sure - you don't want to screw with someone's first round pick, but it's also pretty clear who that player is going to be :D If we end up giving Kobeshow some extra time just for the first round, I will not object. But hopefully we find a draft rhythm soon or it will take until opening night to get this done.

Here's my take. I'll make a 'commish' decision of selecting Lebron for KobeShow's team. The reason is because this guy is missing in action and if he doesn't show up anytime soon, we'll have to find a replacement... meaning a team having Lebron is more attractive than a team having Darko as the first pick. Extreme comparisons, but you get the point.

The victim here is Wildcat because as per the rules, he was the manager in line to pick Lebron, but he gave us the blessing to make a decision on this matter. This is a one time deal and I hope the league agree with this decision. Having said that, if Kobeshow doens't turn up by his second pick, we have to replace him. I hate to do this, but we can't continue an offline draft with a missing manager.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 90)

Postby puckkeith » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm

Sounds good commish.
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 36)

Postby CurryPork » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Let's move on.

I picked for Walking Dead. On that note... does anyone know of a potential replacement manager?
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 90)

Postby wildcat1962 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:29 pm

That's fine with me. B-) Being a commish isn't always an easy job. I understand that. I've been the commish of a keeper league for 18 years. Hopefully Kobeshow shows up soon. We can't go thru the whole draft like this. !+)
wildcat1962
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)

Postby FireBaller » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:10 am

My bad guys, work got in the way.

I do sincerely apologize. I believe that this is the first time I have missed my pick over the years.

I won't miss my next one.

Sorry guys.
KobeShow08
FireBaller
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 37)

Postby houstonc » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:15 am

I'm glad you're still with us, hope you're not too pessimistic about the season's prospects with LeBron on your team!
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 39)

Postby FireBaller » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:18 am

Also like the previous poster alluded to, I was seriously under the impression that the league was going to start a few weeks from today.

Honest mistake on my part.
KobeShow08
FireBaller
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010