Discussion Board - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010

Discussion Board

Moderator: CurryPork

Re: Discussion Board

Postby CurryPork » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:57 pm

FireBaller wrote:I feel like we need to overhaul league regulations when it comes to drafting. I feel like we are too lenient eg. 6 chances to miss your turn before being evicted? Really? Unless i misread that sounds absurd. Perhaps we should also change the 24 hr window.

I mean i missed my first pick because i genuinely thought draft was later on but the most time i have spent on a pick was 3.5 hrs (My 2nd pick). Most of my picks have been in a matter of mins. It feels like only a handful of us are on top of things.

Of course if this is problematic we can go back to a generic live draft which breaks this leagues tradition

The "6 chances" is something I came up with. Maybe I didn't explain it right. it is more like if you missed your pick, say pick 2.01. Others will continue making their picks... and if by pick 2.07, you're still missing. I would make the selection for you. This way, you'd get penalyzed by missing some higher ranked players and also the team would remain somewhat competitive because you still have a 2nd round pick. The team needs to be somewhat competitive in case we'd need to find a replacement manager. It's more enticing to take over a team with better players. That was my thought process.

In the rotokeeper league I'm in, the commish is using the 24 hour pick only for the first round and then it'd go to a 12 hour time limit. We could do something similar for next year. I'm open to any suggestions/ideas improve the drafting process.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 95)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby wildcat1962 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 pm

CurryPork wrote:
FireBaller wrote:I feel like we need to overhaul league regulations when it comes to drafting. I feel like we are too lenient eg. 6 chances to miss your turn before being evicted? Really? Unless i misread that sounds absurd. Perhaps we should also change the 24 hr window.

I mean i missed my first pick because i genuinely thought draft was later on but the most time i have spent on a pick was 3.5 hrs (My 2nd pick). Most of my picks have been in a matter of mins. It feels like only a handful of us are on top of things.

Of course if this is problematic we can go back to a generic live draft which breaks this leagues tradition

The "6 chances" is something I came up with. Maybe I didn't explain it right. it is more like if you missed your pick, say pick 2.01. Others will continue making their picks... and if by pick 2.07, you're still missing. I would make the selection for you. This way, you'd get penalyzed by missing some higher ranked players and also the team would remain somewhat competitive because you still have a 2nd round pick. The team needs to be somewhat competitive in case we'd need to find a replacement manager. It's more enticing to take over a team with better players. That was my thought process.

In the rotokeeper league I'm in, the commish is using the 24 hour pick only for the first round and then it'd go to a 12 hour time limit. We could do something similar for next year. I'm open to any suggestions/ideas improve the drafting process.

I didn't know where you were going with that either. :-S
wildcat1962
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 4)

Postby houstonc » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:03 am

12 hour limit would have been awesome last night, I would have sniped Jeremy Lin ;-)

JK DVauthrin, I sure gotta dig for my PGs now tho
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 39)

Postby CurryPork » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:27 am

wildcat1962 wrote:
CurryPork wrote:

I didn't know where you were going with that either. :-S

Really? Is my English that bad? I thought it made sense... well, to me anyway.

In any case, I'm all open for suggestions about the offline draft.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 95)

Postby puckkeith » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Wildcat - I cannot find Mo Williams, not sure why..I added the other Williams until we can figure out what the glitch is...

Kp
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 36)

Postby puckkeith » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Fixed..He was on wrong team.

Kp
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby puckkeith » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

Pork chop has about 30 mins before his time runs out on 7th round pick. Instead of picking for him, his 24 hours for 8th round pick will start and if he does not get on in that time, we will figure out what to do from there.

He is tied up with work...I forgot if he said he was traveling or working in a mine. (I have two drafts going on..its all a blur)

If anyone has issue with this please post. Tks. On behalf of Pork (Sorry folks)

Kp
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby cnote23 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:56 pm

;-D
puckkeith wrote:Pork chop has about 30 mins before his time runs out on 7th round pick. Instead of picking for him, his 24 hours for 8th round pick will start and if he does not get on in that time, we will figure out what to do from there.

He is tied up with work...I forgot if he said he was traveling or working in a mine. (I have two drafts going on..its all a blur)

If anyone has issue with this please post. Tks. On behalf of Pork (Sorry folks)

Kp
thanks for the heads up i think giving him another 24 hours is the right thing to day.
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby houstonc » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:58 pm

Yeah, I have no problem with that at all - nice work on the dynasty draft btw, Puck. Holy shit, that league is deep.
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 39)

Postby puckkeith » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 am

Thanks Houston. It is a really deep reall active league. We are going to have a lot of fun in both leagues.

Kp
puckkeith
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010