Discussion Board - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010

Discussion Board

Moderator: CurryPork

Re: Discussion Board

Postby houstonc » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:13 am

Struggled more with pick 5 than I thought I would when the moment to click Submit came - injuries in recent seasons instill doubt. Injury free seasons for "them" should mean 1st round value, no problem. Not too worried.

Sorry again for the delay everyone
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby FireBaller » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Didn't expect curry to drop so had to go with him.

Still skeptical of him due to the injury stigma but in reality couldn't pass up amazing value.

Also don't know Team Buckets and Dimes contact info so I didn't msg him.
KobeShow08
FireBaller
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 37)

Postby CurryPork » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:45 pm

FireBaller wrote:Didn't expect curry to drop so had to go with him.

Still skeptical of him due to the injury stigma but in reality couldn't pass up amazing value.

Also don't know Team Buckets and Dimes contact info so I didn't msg him.

I sent him an e-mail through our Yahoo page.

Good pick with Curry. I would have picked him over Westbrook.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 88)

Postby houstonc » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:33 am

Looking back at Curry's games per season he doesn't seem like the risk he has been built up to be (80/74/26/78). Besides the 2011-2012 season, he has played as much as owners could expect him to play. I'm not going through another season of holding my breath while watching him roll around on his back and grab at his ankles, or every time he has trouble keeping up with his team getting back on d, so I passed on him. He did prove last season that he could make through the year.

Westbrook hasn't proven that he is recovered from his injury, and he shares the floor with Durant.. he does seem to have a few marks against him. The sky is the limit in Golden State, plenty of room for Klay to grow without taking meaningful time away from Curry. Can't explain it well, I just felt like Westbrook was a safer bet to get through the season, posting reliable numbers with a handful of amazing games, with minimal risk for rest games or pre-playoffs shutdown. OKC always seems to be in a position where they are pushing instead of cruising at the end of the regular season, so I like to think there will be some good games during those critical weeks - probably overanalyzing.
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby wildcat62 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 am

I'm waiting my turn. Please everyone let's keep this draft moving in a timely manner. ;-D
Zombie V Champ
wildcat62
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 29)

Postby CurryPork » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:17 am

Wildcat, why did you edit your pick? FYI, no editing after you click submit.

What a crapshoot picking 12th. I was hoping for Melo here and he was picked before me.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby houstonc » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am

F**k, here comes the Westbrook news... knew it was a risk but still sucks to see. Hoping for a slow start and a strong finish!
houstonc
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby wildcat62 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 am

CurryPork wrote:Wildcat, why did you edit your pick? FYI, no editing after you click submit.

What a crapshoot picking 12th. I was hoping for Melo here and he was picked before me.

I simply added his position to my post. Forgot about the no editing. Picking 11th sucked.
Zombie V Champ
wildcat62
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 29)

Postby CurryPork » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:42 pm

CurryPork wrote:Well, so much for "keep the draft at a good pace"...

We've had a 24 hour limit on previous drafts, but it dragged too long and people were loosing interests by the middle of the draft. So we decided to make it a 12 hour limit after the first 2 rounds. I want to feel some opinions on this because I'm sure some here will miss the 12 hour time frame and then there will be some unhappy managers.

Will it be better if the first 4 rounds were in the 24 hour time frame and then after that it'll become the 12 hour time limit? You can build the identity of your team in the first 4 rounds.

Anyone has any thoughts on this? Should we keep the 24 hour limit until the 4th or 5th round and then 12 hour limit after that? I bring this up because I can see this could be troublesome to some managers in here.

A few options: If you know you can't make it to your computer, you can send me a list and I'll pick for you at your turn. Or if you miss your time limit, I can pick the next highest ranked yahoo player for you whenever I log in.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby meiklwhite » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:10 pm

No problem here with 12h limit. 6 could be problematic because it's usually night here in Vienna when most picks are made... But even that should be possible for me.
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 68)

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010