Discussion Board - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010

Discussion Board

Moderator: CurryPork

Re: Discussion Board

Postby jonboy418 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Can't believe Ilyasova fell to the middle of the 5th round. This guy just went in the mid 3rd of the cafe mock and posted top 20 numbers after the All-Star break.

Another honorable mention to Josh Smith... 5th round, heavy usage. He'll have great assist and scoring numbers from a forward position. Good pick up, especially if you can handle the FG% hit.

I'm liking my teams potential right now...
jonboy418
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby seattle » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:41 am

I was hoping Ilyasova fell 1 more spot. But Parsons ain't that bad of a consolation prize. Treys all day!
seattle
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby meiklwhite » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:46 am

Yeah, Ilyasova and Smith so late will be money. Thought about both at 5.4 but had to go with calderon, who will fit in great with Dallas and with my team. 8+ assissts, book it! Not the sexiest pick, but I'm happy with it. Especially since I already got Ibaka and Batum at 2.9 and 3.4, two guys who shouldn't be available at those picks too.
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 68)

Postby CurryPork » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 pm

I was hoping Ilyasova or Parsons would make it back to me. Wishful thinking. I believe drafting position will determine your chances of winning the league. If you get Durant or Lebron, it's pretty much a guarantee playoff spot.

If you're drafting towards the end, you're really picking among a crap shoot of players who really has similar value and you're just guessing on the outcome of their season and drafting for potential.

3rd and 4th round, you're drafting for complimentary players to your top 2 players and at this point of the draft, there is really not much difference in the talent level among the crop of players you're picking from. Unless a supposed 2nd rounder drops to the end of the 3rd. Like in my case Nowitzki. So it's pure luck as well.

When 5th and 6th round comes along, you're drafting for position now and you by pass some better talent. By the end of 5th and top of 6th round, all the players you were targeting are gone so you would have to reach for lower talents with question marks and hope they work out.

So, looking at my team thus far... it's below average. Not that I know how to draft, but just that the players I was targeting are all gone before my turn. Yes, drafting last... sucks. You have some serious disadvantage and it'll take all your fantasy basketball knowledge to compensate this. I finished 3rd last season while drafting 12th also. That's part skill but mostly luck.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 91)

Postby wildcat62 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Same thing here. Below average team with still no defined direction. I guess that's my fault, but at this point no sense in crying about. Gonna have to take some chances and hope for the best. Try to assemble a team with no glaring weakness but no apparent strength either.
Zombie V Champ
wildcat62
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 31)

Postby meiklwhite » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Well, another missed pick it seems...
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby seattle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:12 am

What to do? Not sure of the rules anymore. Should I go ahead wih my pick? Do I also have to pick the jighest ranked player for the manager before me?
seattle
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 22)

Postby CurryPork » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:23 pm

SO, Muggsy missed his pick again. This is disappointing. I suppose the rules say to replace him. I have no problem with this... any thoughts? The hard part is to find another manager willing to take over that team.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

Postby meiklwhite » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:34 pm

You could offer a possible new owner the right to change the last pick (of course only among available players)
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby CurryPork » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Muggsy, you missed your pick 2 times and I'd hate to replace you. I need you to check in at the Cafe and give us a good explanation of your absence. I'll give you 24 hours to do so. If you don't show up, I'll be forced to find a replacement for the benefit of the league.
CurryPork
College Captain
College Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Zombie Ballers 2010