Discussion Board - Draft discussion goes here - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to Cafe Roto-Keepers

Discussion Board - Draft discussion goes here

Moderator: TheJordanRulz

Re: Discussion Board - Draft discussion goes here

Postby meiklwhite » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am

since the title reads "Draft discussion", let's discuss...
already two surprises for me during the first 8 picks:
Anthony Davis
Tony Parker

Maybe the guys who took them want to explain their thinking?
To me, Davis seems like a very nice prospect, but to take him over guys like Monroe or all the PGs who are going early seems like a reach. IMO Parker just has too many weaknesses (ft%, stl, 3pm) to his fantasy game to take him this early. Also, I think his career high ast number from last years could go down again.
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TheJordanRulz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:54 am

meiklwhite wrote:since the title reads "Draft discussion", let's discuss...
Anthony Davis
Tony Parker

Maybe the guys who took them want to explain their thinking?
To me, Davis seems like a very nice prospect, but to take him over guys like Monroe or all the PGs who are going early seems like a reach. IMO Parker just has too many weaknesses (ft%, stl, 3pm) to his fantasy game to take him this early. Also, I think his career high ast number from last years could go down again.

They both seem like a reach, maybe those guys know something we don't. Only time will tell...

I will set up a Teams Thread now. Also, I'm thinking about 2 changes from past message board drafts:

1. Moving the time limit to 12 hours.
2. Instead of skipping, just assigning anyone who goes over their time limit the next Y! O-ranked player.

Thoughts?

Also, is anyone interested in being assistant commish? I am busier than ever and finally have a few hours I can devote to fantasy.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 85)

Postby dubmecrazy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:06 am

Well, I was hoping KG would fall to me, but happy with Grotat at this point. I struggled with Ilyasova - nearly went with Iggy or KG - the next two to come off the board - but Ilyasova finished so strong last year and propelled my team into 2nd that I thought we'd give him another contract this year. He's so close to a 3/stl/blk guy which is gold in roto.
dubmecrazy
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 19)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:08 am

Yeah, I think KG is too tough to pass up in roto at this point of the draft. I went back and forth between Iggy and another guy who is not drafted yet.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby meiklwhite » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:06 pm

very tough decision on 2.05, but I ended up going with the player that I think has the most potential in Eric Gordon...
high risk, high reward...
at least I hope so...
meiklwhite
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

(Past Year: 68)

Postby the one » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:49 am

[quote]since the title reads "Draft discussion", let's discuss...
Anthony Davis
Tony Parker[/quote]

I'm not sure about Parker either.

But I can see Davis in a keeper league. Especially if he is rebuilding his team and is patient.
I got some guff last year for picking Irving in the 5th round I beleive. Worked out well for me because he perfomed better than his draft position and he is a keeper for me this year.
Sometimes rolling the dice on a player pays off...and other times it doesn't.
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dubmecrazy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 am

Well, shit...Ibaka Flame Flame missed his first pick, and is about to have his next pick go to 'autodraft'. I assume he checked in? Comish...have you tried emailing him? If he doesn't make this pick (he's got about 30 min), what happens with his next pick? Do we have to wait another 24 hours as he is on the turn? Or will comish auto draft both picks for him? It looks like he's gonna get Wall based on O-ranks...bummer for him. If he continues to no show, do we need to pause the draft to find a new owner?
dubmecrazy
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

(Past Year: 19)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:34 am

dubmecrazy wrote:Well, shit...Ibaka Flame Flame missed his first pick, and is about to have his next pick go to 'autodraft'. I assume he checked in? Comish...have you tried emailing him? If he doesn't make this pick (he's got about 30 min), what happens with his next pick? Do we have to wait another 24 hours as he is on the turn? Or will comish auto draft both picks for him? It looks like he's gonna get Wall based on O-ranks...bummer for him. If he continues to no show, do we need to pause the draft to find a new owner?

He confimred he is in earlier this week. I'm good with keeping him in since he checked in. Since the precedent has been set to use Y! O-Ranks, I will make his next 2 'auto-draft' picks tonight or tomorrow morning.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby the one » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 am

[quote]He confimred he is in earlier this week. I'm good with keeping him in since he checked in. Since the precedent has been set to use Y! O-Ranks, I will make his next 2 'auto-draft' picks tonight or tomorrow morning.[/quote]

I'll be ready to go once the picks are made so we can get this draft going.

Also, I drafted Paul Pierce but noticed he was on the roster. I think Iggy is in his place.
the one
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:50 am

the one wrote:
He confimred he is in earlier this week. I'm good with keeping him in since he checked in. Since the precedent has been set to use Y! O-Ranks, I will make his next 2 'auto-draft' picks tonight or tomorrow morning.

I'll be ready to go once the picks are made so we can get this draft going.

Also, I drafted Paul Pierce but noticed he was on the roster. I think Iggy is in his place.

Ha, yeah I fixed that. Almost went with Pierce though. Went with the KG/Pierce combo in champions roto, must have been confused when I was updating on my phone.
TheJordanRulz
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Roto-Keepers