2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

2012/13 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:11 am

all questions, comments and smack talk are welcome here. of course if you think there's a need you can always post new threads (to advertise your trade block or anything else), but i'd like to keep this forum clean and organized without too many threads if possible
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 am

we have an opening in zombie ballers league (ex-cuda/fanball). it's a good competitive league, entering it's 6th year. draft starts at the beggining of september. contact me or CurryPork via pm if you are interested. league board
viewforum.php?f=141

league settings:
Draft Type: Offline Draft
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Max Moves: 50
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: Yahoo default
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: rookie draft 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:51 pm

I thought team options were only 1 year long, and they were 3 year rookie contracts.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby dch17 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:58 pm

Hopefully the draft moves swiftly as I will be away from sat 28th (effectively 27th U.S time) for a weeks worth of skiing. Being fairly late in the draft I imagine I will need some luck to get my pick before I go, I'm happy to PM Kal a pre ranked list if that's necessary & if he would oblige?
dch17
Playground Pundit
Playground Pundit

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:05 pm

scully19 wrote:I thought team options were only 1 year long, and they were 3 year rookie contracts.

rookie scale hasn't been changed from the start of the rules discussions over a year ago

dch17 wrote:Hopefully the draft moves swiftly as I will be away from sat 28th (effectively 27th U.S time) for a weeks worth of skiing. Being fairly late in the draft I imagine I will need some luck to get my pick before I go, I'm happy to PM Kal a pre ranked list if that's necessary & if he would oblige?

of course, i'll be happy to help
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Waived players thread 2010/2011

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:08 pm

scully19 wrote:I'll waive Rasheed Wallace to start with another one to follow once I figure out who that is. I'll wait until my second draft pick before I decide.

we've agreed on 50% counting against the cap for the retired players if i'm not mistaken?
you don't have to waive player at this time to comply with 14 players rule. you can carry more players during the off-season as long as you are down to 14 by the start of the season

EDIT: I'M MOVING THIS INTO DISCUSSION THREAD
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 pm

I know it didn't change, but for some reason I thought it was for 3 years and not 4 because all the long term deals get cut down in length, like a max deal being 6 years in nab but 4 years here.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm

You can count it as 100% if you want, it affects me the same either way since I am over the cap regardless, but yes 50% for retired players is the value we agreed on. Good to know about the players though, forgot about that one and makes it easier for me to wait until the last possible moment to have the most information about what is going on with a couple of my players.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

scully19 wrote:I know it didn't change, but for some reason I thought it was for 3 years and not 4 because all the long term deals get cut down in length, like a max deal being 6 years in nab but 4 years here.

maybe you got it mixed up with restricted free agency. 4th year under rookie scale is treated as a qual offer. in practice you can nominate player on the rookie scale for bidding after his 3rd year, but at that time he is rfa so his home team can match winning bid. also your initial bid has to be greater then his rookie scale 4th year salary

i added additional clarifications from the rules thread, regarding rookie scale contracts and restricted free agency rules to the 1st post
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I may have got it mixed up with last year because we had 3 year contracts being the max then because we were signing them as free agents and then if you signed for 3 years (like I did for DeMar) then you have them as a RFA with an option for the final year.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to FBC Salary Cap