2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: rookie draft 2010/2011

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 pm

scully19 wrote:I may have got it mixed up with last year because we had 3 year contracts being the max then because we were signing them as free agents and then if you signed for 3 years (like I did for DeMar) then you have them as a RFA with an option for the final year.

i moved posts here, in order to keep draft thread clean
anyway, you could have bid 10M+ and gotten DeMar on 4 years contract had your cap space allowed it. as is you get to keep him for 3 years on the contract you signed him to (no otpions there keep him or waive him) and then you get to have rfa rights on him like in regular rf agency, but without a qual offer. i'm not sure if this is what you were saying, but i just wanted to clarify
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Also, in the roster/salary info thread, the salaries should be without last years salary in the brackets to avoid any confusion IMO.

Oh, and another thing, if possible could I trade Rasheed before he is waived so that the team receiving him could then turn around and waive him and save some cash?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: rookie draft 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:37 pm

KalElen wrote:
scully19 wrote:I may have got it mixed up with last year because we had 3 year contracts being the max then because we were signing them as free agents and then if you signed for 3 years (like I did for DeMar) then you have them as a RFA with an option for the final year.

i moved posts here, in order to keep draft thread clean
anyway, you could have bid 10M+ and gotten DeMar on 4 years contract had your cap space allowed it. as is you get to keep him for 3 years on the contract you signed him to (no otpions there keep him or waive him) and then you get to have rfa rights on him like in regular rf agency, but without a qual offer. i'm not sure if this is what you were saying, but i just wanted to clarify

Could have sworn we agreed that the final year if signed this way was an option year. Doesn't really matter to me because I won't be wanting to dump him.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: rookie draft 2010/2011

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:40 pm

KalElen wrote:
scully19 wrote:I know it didn't change, but for some reason I thought it was for 3 years and not 4 because all the long term deals get cut down in length, like a max deal being 6 years in nab but 4 years here.

maybe you got it mixed up with restricted free agency. 4th year under rookie scale is treated as a qual offer. in practice you can nominate player on the rookie scale for bidding after his 3rd year, but at that time he is rfa so his home team can match winning bid. also your initial bid has to be greater then his rookie scale 4th year salary

i added additional clarifications from the rules thread, regarding rookie scale contracts and restricted free agency rules to the 1st post

So the rookie contract is for 3 years total, and the 4th number is the qualifying offer needed to retain RFA status?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:43 pm

scully19 wrote:Also, in the roster/salary info thread, the salaries should be without last years salary in the brackets to avoid any confusion IMO.

Oh, and another thing, if possible could I trade Rasheed before he is waived so that the team receiving him could then turn around and waive him and save some cash?


you could have, but you already waived him, so now it is too late. sry, after you post about waiving a player i can only reverse it if it violates roster restrictions. i don't mind if we make an exception in this situation with waiving period just starting you not being sure how to handle retiring player, but others would have to agree too
as for roster/salary info thread, i can't go around editing all the posts. if people want to follow some guidelines, that would be great, but if not everything is clear in the rules thread and i will try to keep excel salary sheet updated as often as possible. that 4th year (3rd for 2nd rounders) should probably be colored differently then guaranteed years, but that only goes for rookies that are about to be drafted. dermar, flynn and others have all their years guaranteed
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 pm

I didn't really think about trading him because I thought he was on my team for like 1 mill a season, and that doesn't do much so I didn't see the point, but when I was editing my roster just now I saw it at 2.61 which would actually be a decent amount to save at 1.3 if all you wanted to do was dump some salary.

I wasn't suggesting that you go edit them all, I was just posting it so everyone can know to do it like that and then go ahead and do so.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:50 pm

Could have sworn we agreed that the final year if signed this way was an option year. Doesn't really matter to me because I won't be wanting to dump him.


i'm close to 100% sure we didn't discuss that at auction time. addition of restricted free agency for 2009/10 rookies was suggested by fernis during the season and voted on for by the league, if i'm not mistaken

So the rookie contract is for 3 years total, and the 4th number is the qualifying offer needed to retain RFA status?


yes. if nobody bids on a rfa he stays under the qual offer for another year. his old team can initiate bidding same as any other (this equates to extension in real nba), but 1st year salary has to be no less then qual offer and after it initiates bidding it doesn't have to participate any further, until somebody wins the bidding at which time old team can match. 1st rounders become rfas after 3 years (providing team option after year 2 is picked up) and 2nd rounders after 2 years (providing team option after year 1 is picked up)
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby KalElen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

scully19 wrote:I didn't really think about trading him because I thought he was on my team for like 1 mill a season, and that doesn't do much so I didn't see the point, but when I was editing my roster just now I saw it at 2.61 which would actually be a decent amount to save at 1.3 if all you wanted to do was dump some salary.


as i said, i don't mind if we reverse this, but i need others to agree
my kung fu is the best
KalElen
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 4208
Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Smederevo, Serbia

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:55 pm

I am 100% certain that the RFA of the rookies was discussed before the draft because that was why I signed DeMar the way I did. The second part of the rookies having rights was during the season.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:03 pm

You say qualifying offer needs to be 4th year salary, does that mean that you can do a descending scale salary as long as you start at the right price?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact