2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:37 am

Just a heads up for the spreadsheet - I won Bass for 2 years at 2M per season.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain


Posts: 589
(Past Year: 144)
Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:52 am

RocketsDWM wrote:I thought I had Tyler Hansbrough to end the season last year but I picked him up mid-season. Is he still considered an RFA?


thanks for being honest and bringing that up. he's just an unrestricted FA then, with no bird rights attached.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6341
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 pm

The auction pace/speed is going well so far in my mind. Great job guys. ;-D

Also good job on the rookie draft. Seemed like a weak class and I know reaching for guys in the second is hard sometime. Don't forget that second round picks aren't guaranteed, so you can waive them without penalty at any point. ;-D
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Additionally, scully and everyone, you might want to take a look at rookie contracts from previous seasons. In our old set of rules there were 3rd and 4th year team options on players in the first round, but now we are only offering a third year option. Make sure to check players you've drafted in the past for this.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby hi chi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:16 pm

I noticed that Monroe lost his 4th year. Are we going with the new rules for old draft picks? That is fine as long as it is consistent across the board.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1076
(Past Year: 132)
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:18 pm

hi chi wrote:I noticed that Monroe lost his 4th year. Are we going with the new rules for old draft picks? That is fine as long as it is consistent across the board.


No. Whatever contract existed back then exists now. ;-D If Monroe had a 4th year when you drafted him, then he still has a 4th year (though now it would be a third or whatever).
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:21 pm

hi chi wrote:I noticed that Monroe lost his 4th year. Are we going with the new rules for old draft picks? That is fine as long as it is consistent across the board.


let scully know that, and he becomes RFA in year 4, rather than year 3.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6341
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby dasein » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 pm

silentjim wrote:The auction pace/speed is going well so far in my mind. Great job guys. ;-D

Also good job on the rookie draft. Seemed like a weak class and I know reaching for guys in the second is hard sometime. Don't forget that second round picks aren't guaranteed, so you can waive them without penalty at any point. ;-D


Actually, you can only waive them before the season without penalty. Once games start, the contract is guaranteed for that year. This was how DV explained it to me, so that's whats currently in the rules.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

User avatar

Posts: 917
(Past Year: 434)
Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

dasein wrote:
silentjim wrote:The auction pace/speed is going well so far in my mind. Great job guys. ;-D

Also good job on the rookie draft. Seemed like a weak class and I know reaching for guys in the second is hard sometime. Don't forget that second round picks aren't guaranteed, so you can waive them without penalty at any point. ;-D


Actually, you can only waive them before the season without penalty. Once games start, the contract is guaranteed for that year. This was how DV explained it to me, so that's whats currently in the rules.


Sorry bad wording on my part. I didn't mean any point as in any point, I meant it as any point now during the draft if they wanted the money/ spot.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 am

silentjim wrote:Additionally, scully and everyone, you might want to take a look at rookie contracts from previous seasons. In our old set of rules there were 3rd and 4th year team options on players in the first round, but now we are only offering a third year option. Make sure to check players you've drafted in the past for this.

I'm almost positive that is not the case. The way it was the 4th year was considered the qualifying offer you had to make in order to retain that player. The 3rd year was the player option. I had the whole thing set up that way before.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1338
(Past Year: 196)
Joined: 8 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], scully19 and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact