2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm

I'd be ok with a limited number of players on auction (at a time) who aren't on the FA list. If we run things side by side we can add those bench fillers a little more quickly. I don't know, maybe three Non-FA guys at a time with the same auction rules?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby nsink » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm

So-Tex wrote:Hey guys!

Something I just thought about right now - I know the auctions have been going at a good pace and all, but the way things look, at least for me at the moment, I'm going to be cutting it real close to having the required 11 players on my roster come the 1st day of the season. Realistically, if I blow big chunks of my remaining salary cap space, I'll have to go for min. salary types to fill in my roster. And with the way the auctions are going with the players on the FA pool list, I'd pretty much have to wait until all those guys were cleared off before I could go after the min salary guys who are not on that list.

Of course, there still is some time, and I still may find a few players going at prices I would be able to afford. But I just wanted to bring up the possibility of that happening, so that everyone was aware I wasn't trying to spend myself out while coming in short of the required 11 players on my roster.

there is really only group 8, 3, and half of 4 left, shouldnt take too long. Games dont start until the 25th.
at the same point i wld agree that maybe we should do something shorter than a 48 hr matching window for nominated FAs, at least before the season starts.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 116)

Postby dasein » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:53 pm

DVauthrin wrote:dasein, just make rookies true team options(no buyout required) in the rules as this argument has gone on long enough. look at it this way, a rookie has no say in their first contract, so the team would have full autonomy

Done. ;-D

Rookie contracts are now the only contracts with 'Team Options'

Veteran contracts have 'partially-guaranteed' years, which require a buyout.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 431)

Postby silentjim » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:58 pm

nsink wrote:
So-Tex wrote:Hey guys!

Something I just thought about right now - I know the auctions have been going at a good pace and all, but the way things look, at least for me at the moment, I'm going to be cutting it real close to having the required 11 players on my roster come the 1st day of the season. Realistically, if I blow big chunks of my remaining salary cap space, I'll have to go for min. salary types to fill in my roster. And with the way the auctions are going with the players on the FA pool list, I'd pretty much have to wait until all those guys were cleared off before I could go after the min salary guys who are not on that list.

Of course, there still is some time, and I still may find a few players going at prices I would be able to afford. But I just wanted to bring up the possibility of that happening, so that everyone was aware I wasn't trying to spend myself out while coming in short of the required 11 players on my roster.

there is really only group 8, 3, and half of 4 left, shouldnt take too long. Games dont start until the 25th.
at the same point i wld agree that maybe we should do something shorter than a 48 hr matching window for nominated FAs, at least before the season starts.

Once we fall below 10 players being left from the group, simply PM the player either to myself or DVauthrin and we'll nominate that player. Since were not into the regular season yet, the player will still only have 12 hour contract limits, not 48.

We can't just have everyone and everybody nominating players though. We do need some structure.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby So-Tex » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:03 am

silentjim wrote:We can't just have everyone and everybody nominating players though. We do need some structure.

I agree, which is why I brought it up in the first place. Wouldn't want a free for all with minimum salary types just because we need to fill our rosters.
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:05 am

So-Tex wrote:
silentjim wrote:We can't just have everyone and everybody nominating players though. We do need some structure.

I agree, which is why I brought it up in the first place. Wouldn't want a free for all with minimum salary types just because we need to fill our rosters.

Additionally if there are players missing that you're looking at, just send us a PM and we can create another group based on everyone's wants. Remember that since we have open bidding its not like you're going to steal guys anyway (unless everyone else is broke...)
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:13 am

Last guy should sign up on Yahoo! Once this is done rosters can start being inputted and it will give you a better understanding of the free agents who will be available after the groupings.
silentjim

Postby scully19 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:34 am

silentjim wrote:Last guy should sign up on Yahoo! Once this is done rosters can start being inputted and it will give you a better understanding of the free agents who will be available after the groupings.

Or you can look at the FA tab in my spreadsheet :P
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:44 am

scully19 wrote:
silentjim wrote:Last guy should sign up on Yahoo! Once this is done rosters can start being inputted and it will give you a better understanding of the free agents who will be available after the groupings.

Or you can look at the FA tab in my spreadsheet :P

I just meant your spreadsheet doesn't have absolutely every player in the NBA database. In case people were looking for some deep deep sleepers. :-D
silentjim

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:41 am

it's fenris we are waiting on.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap