2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:54 pm

Does anyone else have a player under contract playing in Europe? I have Aaron Brooks and was wondering what my options with him are. Right now he's not counting against my cap since he's overseas, but if I waive him would it count for the normal amount of waived players?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:55 pm

I would think that if waived he counts against your cap when he comes back at the waived amount, but I dunno.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 196)

Postby silentjim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:57 pm

scully19 wrote:I would think that if waived he counts against your cap when he comes back at the waived amount, but I dunno.

Yeah that almost seems like too much work and too tricky. We should probably just treat these players as regular players since it doesn't make sense to have a waived player not counting against the cap until he signs in the NBA. Sounds weird even typing it.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scully19 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 pm

Makes sense to me, waive them now to get rid of them now from your cap.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:07 am

Ah! Just realized waiving him gives me less than .25M in cap meaning it would be useless to do so. Hopefully Brooks comes back soon. ;-D
silentjim

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:46 am

Anyone know where the list of "Star Players" is located? Supposedly it was done before we started our FA?

EDIT: Nevermind, just found it.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby scully19 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:56 am

So Chuck Hayes failed his physical and has his contract voided, and is now a free agent, but whose career may actually be in jeopardy because of some abnomality in his heart. So-Tex I'm looking at you.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby So-Tex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 am

Ahhhhhhhhh, hell... :-C

So we don't get the option to void a player's contract, as well? O:-) ;-7 I mean, he DID fail his physical... :*)

Seriously, any advice or help here from the higher ups? I'm thoroughly spent on this one. And not only because of this league. I had BOTH Jeff Green AND Hayes in the BOSF league. Right out of the gate, I'm screwed out of my mid round talent. I'll need to see what Hayes is going to do before I make another move in that league (already dropped Green).

But here? I really have no clue... !+)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby scully19 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am

IMO if Hayes is out, it may technically fall under the guide of retirement due to injury, in which case his contract is waived in it's entirety.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby So-Tex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:52 am

That's not the way I'm seeing the rules. He'll either fall under the "Injured Player Exemption", where I could drop him, but he would hit me for 60% of each remaining year of his contract.

-OR-

He falls under the "Retired Player" option, which means his contract won't be voided until NEXT off season.

How was the Brando Roy situation resolved, forgive my bad memory. I guess my only shot would be to argue whatever precedent was set there? :-?
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap