2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe


Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby snakehuynh » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:43 pm

I forgot how we nominate players, email mod/nominate ourselves?
Can I nominate Darko Milicic so I could bid on him.
snakehuynh
College Captain
College Captain


Posts: 605
(Past Year: 48)
Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby nsink » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:12 pm

RedHopeful wrote:I'm on board with Hayes/Green not costing anyone anything. We need to figure a good way to make it fit in our rules but I trust dasein will figure it out with ease. ;-D



i agree they shldnt cost if u drop them into FA before the season (for this season with lockout and short timeframe, i wldnt be opposed to a slightly extended time frame, but i dont think it should be indeterminate (for example in real nba - blazers have to make calls on oden in the offseason without knowing how he'll fare after surgery and if he'll have to retire or not, if they want to keep the rights to him).

If u want to hold them, to see how they come back though (multi-year contract or whatever) then u shld still have to pay what the injury exemption rule stipulates, since u are retaining their rights.
nsink
College Captain
College Captain


Posts: 386
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 7 Dec 2011
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:13 pm

silentjim wrote:Looks like everyone has the minimum 11 roster right now and there's only a few guys with bids on them currently. I think we need to stop off season free agency soon, my suggestion would be that if you still would like to nominate a player for your team, then you should do so sometime today, otherwise we need to finalize initial teams going into the Christmas day games. You could still nominate players obviously, you would just need to wait 48 hours. My suggestion would be that 7 day contracts aren't allowed until the actual season starts.

Added some more guys to the board but willing to put up others. LASSSSSSSSST CALLLLLLLLLLL!

Agree with 7-day contract idea.
Image
RedHopeful
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18233
(Past Year: 706)
Joined: 11 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: http://twitter.com/Redhopeful

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:16 pm

nsink wrote:
RedHopeful wrote:I'm on board with Hayes/Green not costing anyone anything. We need to figure a good way to make it fit in our rules but I trust dasein will figure it out with ease. ;-D



i agree they shldnt cost if u drop them into FA before the season (for this season with lockout and short timeframe, i wldnt be opposed to a slightly extended time frame, but i dont think it should be indeterminate (for example in real nba - blazers have to make calls on oden in the offseason without knowing how he'll fare after surgery and if he'll have to retire or not, if they want to keep the rights to him).

If u want to hold them, to see how they come back though (multi-year contract or whatever) then u shld still have to pay what the injury exemption rule stipulates, since u are retaining their rights.


I think we just need to hear what Hayes prognosis is, and then So-Tex can make a decision. I'm sure he'll do it quickly, but I think setting a 24 hour time limit to decide will give him plenty of time. ;-D
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 pm

silentjim wrote:I think we just need to hear what Hayes prognosis is, and then So-Tex can make a decision. I'm sure he'll do it quickly, but I think setting a 24 hour time limit to decide will give him plenty of time. ;-D

Yes sir...that's all I ask. ;-D I've already stirred up enough hornets to mess with something this serious! ;-)

But yeah, as soon as we hear something more definitive, I'll definitely move quickly to be within the rules.
Image
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1039
(Past Year: 217)
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 pm

Could someone also resolve this issue please?

viewtopic.php?p=478226#p478226

Thanks! ;-D
Image
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1039
(Past Year: 217)
Joined: 19 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: South Texas, USA

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby TheRobSays » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:22 am

Can we nominate Wilson Chandler?
TheRobSays
College Captain
College Captain


Posts: 427
(Past Year: 72)
Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:22 am

TheRobSays wrote:Can we nominate Wilson Chandler?


No.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:51 am

silentjim wrote:Looks like everyone has the minimum 11 roster right now and there's only a few guys with bids on them currently. I think we need to stop off season free agency soon, my suggestion would be that if you still would like to nominate a player for your team, then you should do so sometime today, otherwise we need to finalize initial teams going into the Christmas day games. You could still nominate players obviously, you would just need to wait 48 hours. My suggestion would be that 7 day contracts aren't allowed until the actual season starts.


I have all the rosters updated in yahoo as of right now. I'm just waiting to close free agency to finalize it.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6341
(Past Year: 166)
Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby silentjim » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Looks like we should be all set. Keep in mind you can still nominate players (and now you can do so yourself), but the time period is now 48 hours, not 12.
Image
silentjim
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11484
(Past Year: 792)
Joined: 23 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: scully19 and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues




  • Fantasy Basketball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact