2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 am

Another nominating question - is there a limit to how many players managers can nominate? Or can we only do one at a time?

Thanks! ;-D
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:05 am

So-Tex wrote:Another nominating question - is there a limit to how many players managers can nominate? Or can we only do one at a time?

Thanks! ;-D

Go crazy. ;-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 am

I think 2nd round rooks contracts should be non-guaranteed throughout the season. I don't get why there is a deadline.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Because you signed him once the season starts and he plays any games on your team. You can't play him for half the year then release him at no cost.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

scully19 wrote:Because you signed him once the season starts and he plays any games on your team. You can't play him for half the year then release him at no cost.

Like a 7 day contract. ;-7

Agreed though that once the season starts his money counts.
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:51 pm

scully19 wrote:Because you signed him once the season starts and he plays any games on your team. You can't play him for half the year then release him at no cost.

Why should this be a steadfast rule though? I don't see value in late round 2nd round picks and to have them on the books for a half million is a stretch for me. I think we should discuss this further next off-season.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)

Postby silentjim » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:55 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:

Why should this be a steadfast rule though? I don't see value in late round 2nd round picks and to have them on the books for a half million is a stretch for me. I think we should discuss this further next off-season.

If he has no value cut him. We moved to 8 man benches specifically to have some guys ride the pine for a year or more. Agreed that we can discuss it further though next off season. We might need to look at making the contracts minimums since so many vets are going for that price as well.

I'd also probably be ok with just not having a second round as well.
silentjim

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:39 pm

silentjim wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:

If he has no value cut him. We moved to 8 man benches specifically to have some guys ride the pine for a year or more. Agreed that we can discuss it further though next off season. We might need to look at making the contracts minimums since so many vets are going for that price as well.

I'd also probably be ok with just not having a second round as well.

Agree with all this, though I like the 2nd round of the rookie draft. If you don't want the 2nd rounder to count against your cap but want to stash a project, draft an overseas player. Or if you want a cheap guy to finish out your bench for two years, they fill that bill as well.

If you don't want them at all, cut them prior to the season starting.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby Fenris-77 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:17 am

Or trade the pick to someone who does want that guy and realize some value that way. In deeper draft years, a second round in our league could net you a very nice player, so it's not like they have no value.
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby scully19 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:21 am

And let's reiterate, you don't want him, release him at no cost to you.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 197)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap