2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby scully19 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

DVauthrin wrote:Correct. You have to hold onto the player until the offseason to do the reduced buyout. If you waive them midseason, the 75%, 50% rule applies.

Y?
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:24 am

scully19 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:Correct. You have to hold onto the player until the offseason to do the reduced buyout. If you waive them midseason, the 75%, 50% rule applies.

Y?

You won't like this answer, but that's the way the partially guaranteed option is being interpreted at the moment. If you waive a player midseason, you void the right to use the reduced buyout. Think of it this way, its a mutual option which doesn't vest until the offseason before the appropriate year. A player would never agree to a midseason buyout where they lose as much salary as the reduced buyout.

It can be discussed and voted on this upcoming offseason though.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scully19 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 am

Actually that kinda make sense.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dasein » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:34 pm

Just added another couple of lines to the rules, but am surprised there was confusion here. I think the rules were clear as written. Some confusion might result from muddling the terminology. The various mechanisms for ditching players are listed below. 5.3 and 5.6 are the ones that can only be used during the offseason. Please have another read of the rules if you're not clear.

5.1 Straight Drop
5.2 Straight Buyout
5.3 Partially Guaranteed Contract Buyout
5.4 Injured Player Exemption
5.5 Retired Player
5.6 Team Options
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby scully19 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Whoever recently merged the thread in the winning bids thread, it would be great if we would go back to posting only the winning bids and not all bids. This gets confusing.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby silentjim » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:17 pm

scully19 wrote:Whoever recently merged the thread in the winning bids thread, it would be great if we would go back to posting only the winning bids and not all bids. This gets confusing.

Yeah I noticed this last night. Someone is merging all bids into the winning bids thread, but who? :-D }:-) :-? :-D
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 791)

Postby 4ndrew » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 am

I've just been told that I can't bid on a player I cut in the pre-season (Darius Morris), as he wouldn't want to play for me. Actually the cut was made just after the season began, so I don't know if the same rule applies.

Could someone clarify this rule for me please, and point out where it states it in the Rules doc, as I'm unable to find it.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:14 am

Darius Morris can not be auctioned until a decision is reached by the committee on whether you can sign players later in the season or give them 7 day contracts after waiving them either in the pre-season or in season.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby 4ndrew » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:17 am

In that case, please apply that to MarShon Brooks as well. nsink (also new to this league, like me wouldn't have known the rule) and I have had a bidding war on Brooks, whom he dropped a week ago. My last bid (1.1M per) was alive for 47 hours until nsink topped it.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby DVauthrin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:48 am

4ndrew wrote:In that case, please apply that to MarShon Brooks as well. nsink (also new to this league, like me wouldn't have known the rule) and I have had a bidding war on Brooks, whom he dropped a week ago. My last bid (1.1M per) was alive for 47 hours until nsink topped it.

It doesn't apply to 7 day contracts, only guys with full year contracts. Therefore it doesn't apply to Marshon Brooks. nsink used him as a 7 day contract, dropped him when the 7 days expired, then wanted to sign him to a guaranteed contract. Dasein couldn't have bid on him however, because he drafted brooks in our rookie draft and cut him like you did with Morris.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap