2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby So-Tex » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:37 am

Is the Yahoo site down again? I registered yesterday, but now it's not even showing up on their fantasy links.

And regarding hi chi, I think waiting to see if he gets the invite to sign up is reasonable enough. Not sure where else we could find a replacement though...other than trying to pick up someone from Busersports/BBM. There might be a couple of guys from over there who would interested in this particular format (being salary based and all).
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby dasein » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 am

So-Tex wrote:Is the Yahoo site down again? I registered yesterday, but now it's not even showing up on their fantasy links.

And regarding hi chi, I think waiting to see if he gets the invite to sign up is reasonable enough. Not sure where else we could find a replacement though...other than trying to pick up someone from Busersports/BBM. There might be a couple of guys from over there who would interested in this particular format (being salary based and all).

yup, it's been down for the last 6hrs at least.

was thinking dcdoorknob would be a good addition. don't know if he's been asked before.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 pm

The Yahoo hoops wasn't supposed to up yet and they had to pull it back, which probably means we'll have to re-register and whatnot. :-t
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

dasein wrote:
So-Tex wrote:Is the Yahoo site down again? I registered yesterday, but now it's not even showing up on their fantasy links.

was thinking dcdoorknob would be a good addition. don't know if he's been asked before.

Go ahead and gauge his interest fenris.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fenris-77 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:35 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
dasein wrote:

:-?
Fenris-77
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 410)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:
dasein wrote:

Meant dasein. speed posting at work, my bad.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby RedHopeful » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:11 pm

DVauthrin wrote:
Fenris-77 wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

Meant dasein. speed posting at work, my bad.

I'll handle it since I've known him in the fantasy circles for awhile.
RedHopeful

ModeratorCafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 708)

Postby dasein » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm

I already PM'd him. All the love might be persuasive.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby dcdoorknob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

Hey guys. Got the pm. Always nice to be thought of in a positive light in spots like this so thanks for that. Looked over the league rules, rosters, etc some this evening when I had time. Seems like a great league and I decided it is something I'd be interested in (this far out from the season I don't feel too over-committed just yet :D).

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right I do have to wonder what use Derrick Rose on an expensive expiring contract would actually be :-{ , but it would be a fun challenge, and 2 top 3 rookie draft picks would be appealing.

That said I realize the sentiment is to give hi chi some more time to show up at the moment, and I understand that completely, it's his team and he's put the work in in previous season(s). I'm willing to just be on stand-by until hi chi shows up or the powers-that-be in this league make a decision to move on. If he does show then I'd just wish you guys luck and ask that you keep me in mind for possible future openings.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 125)

Postby DVauthrin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:31 pm

dcdoorknob wrote:Hey guys. Got the pm. Always nice to be thought of in a positive light in spots like this so thanks for that. Looked over the league rules, rosters, etc some this evening when I had time. Seems like a great league and I decided it is something I'd be interested in (this far out from the season I don't feel too over-committed just yet :D).

If I'm reading the spreadsheet right I do have to wonder what use Derrick Rose on an expensive expiring contract would actually be :-{ , but it would be a fun challenge, and 2 top 3 rookie draft picks would be appealing.

That said I realize the sentiment is to give hi chi some more time to show up at the moment, and I understand that completely, it's his team and he's put the work in in previous season(s). I'm willing to just be on stand-by until hi chi shows up or the powers-that-be in this league make a decision to move on. If he does show then I'd just wish you guys luck and ask that you keep me in mind for possible future openings.

Thanks for understanding. If for whatever reason hi chi doesn't show up, the team is yours, and that decision should be made no later than about 2-2 1/2 weeks out.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap