2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2010/11 season discussion

Postby hi chi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Hey guys, sorry for being MIA. Summer got the better of me. :-) I'm happy to be stay in the league. I'll be active from here on out.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby hi chi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:37 pm

My email connected to here went inactive, I'll update it now, so I don't miss out on PMs any more. Sorry fellas.
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby So-Tex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

hi chi wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being MIA. Summer got the better of me. :-) I'm happy to be stay in the league. I'll be active from here on out.

Nice to have you back hi chi! ;-D

Now, on a separate note, I was just bopping through the threads on our forum, and I noticed that DVauthrin started a new "Rosters" thread for this season. On his listings, he has several players with "partially guaranteed" on their contracts - explain please? :-S Especially the one about Stephan Curry, "partially guaranteed" for the max @ 20M?

Is that because of the buyout thing we instituted this past season? If so, I need to re-read that, cause I'm bit confused now... :*)
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby scully19 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:07 pm

5.3 PARTIALLY-GUARANTEED CONTRACT BUYOUT (offseason only)
All Veteran Contracts, are deemed to include partial-guaranty clauses for:
- the final year of 2 and 3 years contracts.
- the final two years of 4 year contracts.
Teams may choose not to buyout the player during the off-season preceding the partially guaranteed year. If so, the player will be removed from the team’s roster and a cap hold equal to the value of the buyout will be placed against the team’s cap for that year. The value of the buyout shall be:
- 25% of the upcoming year’s salary, if it is the final year of a 2, 3, or 4-year contract.
- 50% of the upcoming year’s salary, if it is the third year of a 4-year contract.

Anything and anyone marked with the maroon on that year follows this rule.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 198)

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:12 pm

So-Tex wrote:
hi chi wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being MIA. Summer got the better of me. :-) I'm happy to be stay in the league. I'll be active from here on out.

Nice to have you back hi chi! ;-D

Now, on a separate note, I was just bopping through the threads on our forum, and I noticed that DVauthrin started a new "Rosters" thread for this season. On his listings, he has several players with "partially guaranteed" on their contracts - explain please? :-S Especially the one about Stephan Curry, "partially guaranteed" for the max @ 20M?

Is that because of the buyout thing we instituted this past season? If so, I need to re-read that, cause I'm bit confused now... :*)

Yes, it's the buyout thing we voted on last year to get out of bad contracts.

For players signed to 2 year deals starting last offseason and going forward, you can buy out the 2nd year by paying 25% of that year's salary prior to the start of the season.

For players signed to 3 year deals, you can buy out the 3rd year by paying 25% of his salary for that year prior to the start of the season.

For players on 4 year contracts, you can buy out their 4th year by paying 25% of his 4th year salary prior to the season(we need to make that clear in the rules). If you want to buy out his 3rd and 4th years, you pay 50% of his 3rd year salary, prior to the start of the season of the 3rd year of his deal.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft 2012/13

Postby hi chi » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 pm

I'm good to draft anytime moving forward. ;-D
hi chi
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dasein » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:22 pm

[quote="DVauthrin"] For players on 4 year contracts, you can buy out their 4th year by paying 25% of his 4th year salary prior to the season(we need to make that clear in the rules). [quote]
This isn't clear already? See scully's post 2 above this one.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby So-Tex » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Thanks guys - I got it now. I guess I need to quit reading posts at 5am...after staying up all night after a gig! :-B
So-Tex
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 217)

Postby 4ndrew » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:08 am

If dcdoorknob wants he can take over my team as I'm not sure how much time & energy I'll be able to devote to fantasy this year (lost my job, learning to trade forex etc). If he's not interested that's ok, I'll do my best to keep it running, but the offer's there.
4ndrew
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Postby dcdoorknob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:26 am

4ndrew wrote:If dcdoorknob wants he can take over my team as I'm not sure how much time & energy I'll be able to devote to fantasy this year (lost my job, learning to trade forex etc). If he's not interested that's ok, I'll do my best to keep it running, but the offer's there.

I already sent this in a pm to Andrew but I'l say the same thing here. I think you should keep your team if you want to at all. If there end up being no openings and I don't get in this league right now I'll be perfectly fine, it's not a big deal. If you feel like you need to step away from the league for personal reasons obviously that's fine and I'm willing to step in, but that decision should be completely based on you and have nothing to do with me, imo.

There is no need for anyone to make room for me or try to find a spot for me or anything, and I definitely don't want to force or even encourage anyone to leave the league. It should be your decision based solely on you if you want to step aside, so having said that I'll leave it up completely to you.
dcdoorknob
High School Hoopster
High School Hoopster

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 125)

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap