2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby cnote23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:45 am

quick question I have wes johnson who was is in his 3rd year from his rookie draft could I drop him and not owe anything on his 3.5 mil contract?
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 236)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby raffrox01 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:07 am

And while we are at it. :-b

Nick Youngs contract this year is guaranteed but next year is not. If I drop him would his amount owed for the buy out be 75% of this seasons salary and next season I'd owe 25% of that seasons salary?

Thanks for all the help.
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 77)

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 am

cnote23 wrote:quick question I have wes johnson who was is in his 3rd year from his rookie draft could I drop him and not owe anything on his 3.5 mil contract?

Yes, the final year of a rookie deal is a team option. If you waive him now it costs you nothing.

A team may renounce it’s rights to a player during the off-season preceeding his TO year. There is no financial penalty for this renouncement, but it must occur before the season commences. If no renouncement has been recorded in the SCL forum when the first game tips off, it will be assumed that the team have exercised its TO and the player’s contract becomes guaranteed for that year.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DVauthrin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 am

raffrox01 wrote:And while we are at it. :-b

Nick Youngs contract this year is guaranteed but next year is not. If I drop him would his amount owed for the buy out be 75% of this seasons salary and next season I'd owe 25% of that seasons salary?

Thanks for all the help.

No. It would be 75% this year, and 50% next year. So 4.5 mil this year, 3 mil next year. The 25% rule only applies to the offseason prior to the final year of the deal for any player signed last year, this offseason or in the future.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby cnote23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:26 pm

quick question on the jarad dudley bid doesnt the next bidder mus out bid buy min 250k right?
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe RankerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:31 pm

cnote23 wrote:quick question on the jarad dudley bid doesnt the next bidder mus out bid buy min 250k right?

Minimum Bid Increments
- If BYS is less than 2.5M, C must increase by at least 0.1M
- If BYS is greater or equal to 2.5M, C must increase by at least 0.25M
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)

Postby cnote23 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:37 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:
cnote23 wrote:quick question on the jarad dudley bid doesnt the next bidder mus out bid buy min 250k right?

Minimum Bid Increments
- If BYS is less than 2.5M, C must increase by at least 0.1M
- If BYS is greater or equal to 2.5M, C must increase by at least 0.25M

ok thanks ;-D
Happy Holidays !!!!
cnote23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby scully19 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

So we have a problem. Raffrox went over the cap on his bid, but he did so by accident obviously. What happened was when he was adding up his total, he forgot to add on JR Smith because he missed him on the sheet. When I added his total (looking at his spreadsheet) I did so by missing Brandon Roy. So our numbers were close enough together to seem right, and yet crucially wrong. So he made a bid based on totals that made it look legal, and now won him.

I am wondering how everyone thinks we should handle the situation now. Like perhaps trying to make a move to free up space, or waiving, or if we follow the rule of losing the bid.
scully19
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 195)

Postby dasein » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

scully19 wrote:So we have a problem. Raffrox went over the cap on his bid, but he did so by accident obviously. What happened was when he was adding up his total, he forgot to add on JR Smith because he missed him on the sheet. When I added his total (looking at his spreadsheet) I did so by missing Brandon Roy. So our numbers were close enough together to seem right, and yet crucially wrong. So he made a bid based on totals that made it look legal, and now won him.

I am wondering how everyone thinks we should handle the situation now. Like perhaps trying to make a move to free up space, or waiving, or if we follow the rule of losing the bid.

Hmm, it sucks but I don't think forgetting that you own a guy is a good reason. I think we can forgive the mods for missing stuff occasionally at this time of year, but managers really need to have a good handle on their own team. I'd say we stick with the rules and Raffrox looses the auction. He isn't the first to make this mistake and everyone else has had to take the same medicine. :-/
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 433)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Would he be placed back up for auction?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 144)