2012/13 season discussion - Fantasy Basketball Cafe 2014
Fantasy Basketball Cafe

Return to FBC Salary Cap

2012/13 season discussion

Moderators: RedHopeful, silentjim, Fenris-77, DVauthrin, dasein

Re: 2012/13 season discussion

Postby raffrox01 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:55 pm

No worries. I'll accept that. I've done nothing but cause hassle and confusion in the last week in this league. Being the commissioner of two leagues running their draft this week hasn't helped. I'm a bit embarrassed by it all and a bit over it. I'm happy to just move on and accept this.

I recall JR was in the inactive section at one stage of my roster and I guess I should have asked what this meant. He was not counted in my cap total until the spread sheets were updated about a day ago but my bad, play on.
raffrox01
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 77)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm

raffrox01 wrote:No worries. I'll accept that. I've done nothing but cause hassle and confusion in the last week in this league. Being the commissioner of two leagues running their draft this week hasn't helped. I'm a bit embarrassed by it all and a bit over it. I'm happy to just move on and accept this.

I recall JR was in the inactive section at one stage of my roster and I guess I should have asked what this meant. He was not counted in my cap total until the spread sheets were updated about a day ago but my bad, play on.

First, absolutely no need to apologize. As you can see from even seasoned vets in this league, mistakes still occur with bids. We are all still learning. Happy to have you in the league. ;-D
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

(Past Year: 146)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dasein » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Would he be placed back up for auction?

which auction was it? depends how hot the barrel is I guess, if the bid still makes sense for the 2nd placed bidder we could just award it to him, if not might have to re-auction.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

(Past Year: 435)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am

dasein wrote:

which auction was it? depends how hot the barrel is I guess, if the bid still makes sense for the 2nd placed bidder we could just award it to him, if not might have to re-auction.

I believe it was Pau Gasol. Personally, I think he would need to be re-auctioned. Someone may have placed that 9M per year if raffrox had not.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby dasein » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:35 am

dasein wrote:

Ok, so it looks like it was the Pau auction we're talking about. In this case, the following happens:

- barrec wins Pau for 24M (8, 8, 8)

note that barrec is also currently leading the Monta auction at 48.40M (10.9, 11.7, 12.5, 13.3) because cnote did the same thing.

a good thing barrec still has the cap to accomodate all this. :-°
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 am

dasein wrote:
dasein wrote:

Ok, so it looks like it was the Pau auction we're talking about. In this case, the following happens:

note that barrec is also currently leading the Monta auction at 48.40M (10.9, 11.7, 12.5, 13.3) because cnote did the same thing.

I could go look it up but is this a rule we have in place?
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

Postby DVauthrin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:42 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
dasein wrote:
dasein wrote:

I could go look it up but is this a rule we have in place?

Yes, It is. Illegal bids are as if they never happened. Mistakes in oversight happen and others had 12 hours to exceed barrec and raffrox's bids. Everyone has access to the salaries spreadsheet and should be checking to see if an owner has the money for that bid.
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 166)

Postby dasein » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:50 am

We interpret it like this- the winning bid is the highest legal bid that stood unbeaten for 12hrs. Any higher illegal bids can basically be ignored.

The mods tend to pull people up on illegal bids as a courtesy, but there isn't really any reason we have to do this. Managers should take responsibility for ensuring their bids are legit. Plenty of people you can ask if unsure.
dasein
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby silentjim » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 am

I'm torn on the Gasol bidding process. I'm not claiming I would have won him, but I had more than 8M in cap, but less than 9M, so I wasn't able to bid on Gasol. Thoughts?
silentjim

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 794)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:01 am

silentjim wrote:I'm torn on the Gasol bidding process. I'm not claiming I would have won him, but I had more than 8M in cap, but less than 9M, so I wasn't able to bid on Gasol. Thoughts?

Exactly. I think we need to re-work this rule next off-season and then dole out penalties for those who overbid.
RocketsDWM
College Captain
College Captain

PreviousNext

Return to FBC Salary Cap